You gotta love the fact that the NCAA spelled the word competition incorrectly.
We, here, at GymCastic like to combine opinions and sexy data whenever possible. So, please take this poll, and let us know who you think will win the 2014 NCAA Gymnastics Championships.
Previous Gym Nerd Polls:
The best NCAA ranking website around is The Road To Nationals. They have the SEXIEST graphics and charts. Experience the data-gasm for yourself by clicking on the chart above.
In the news, Jessica, Spanny, Uncle Tim, and Evan chat about:
- New favorites, splat-fests and shockers from all six NCAA Regionals.
- Spanny is back with her report from the Minnesota Regional where Oklahoma brought a whole new meaning to the “College Salute” and her insider take on Gabby Douglas’s return to Iowa.
- The non-gymnastic world’s discovery of LSU’s great Lloimincia Hall, and what Uncle Tim calls her “gospel tribute, which featured a lot of fierce stank face” floor routine. Listen to our interview with Lloimincia here.
- If Shannon Miller began the sad wrist syndrome phenomenon that is currently plaguing the gymnastics community.
- Russian Nationals where Komova returned in a familiar leotard (see below), Mustafina graced the floor, Grishina was injured and we found a new favorite in Seda “Miss Tic Toc” Tutkhalyan.
- Justin Powers unusual routine at collegiate club nationals.
- Simone Biles pulling out of the Pacific Rim Championships due to injury and being replaced by Peyton Ernst.
Announcement! The first ever GymCastic Meet-up is happening at the NCAA Championships. Come join us for a drinky-poo and gym-nerd out with your people!
When: 3:30-4:30 on Saturday, April 19th before Super-Six Finals.
Where: Todd English Pub, right behind the parking structure at BJCC arena. It’s only a three minute walk to the meet from here. The address is: 2221 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. N, Birmingham, AL 35203.
All of the results from NCAA Regionals
Rotation orders for NCAA Championships here.
The Road to Nationals - most beautiful ranking site for NCAA gymnastics.
2014 NCAA Championships: team and individual qualifiers
Baby Grumpus L. Tampson, spawn of Spanny Lee Tampson.
UCLA’s Sadiqua Bynum makes all of Jessica’s dreams come true with her fierce mohawk!
Komova in a red white and blue leotard at Russian Nationals in April 2014.
Kyla Ross at the 2012 US National Championships, in her “patriot” leotard.