Three time Olympic medalist, Louis Smith MBE, talked to us back in October 2012.
It’s a classic interview this week from back in October 2012, when we talked to Great Britain’s Louis Smith. The outspoken, three-time Olympic medalist talked to us about Strictly Come Dancing, handling the pressure, role models, his nude pommel horse photo shoot, style on the British team and Rio.
We are very excited to announce that Louis will be our very first GymCastic Book Club guest in August.
What: Read the book and submit questions about it for Louis.
How: Buy the book here, send your questions to us at gymcastic @ gmail.com or leave a voicemail on Skype at username “GymCastic Podcast” or by dialing (415) 800-3191.
When: Submit your questions by the first week in August and we’ll ask Louis when he’s on the show in August.
Australian Olympian, Oregon State star and Commonwealth team member, Olivia Vivian…just hanging out for a chat with us!
Australian Olympian, Olivia Vivian, perhaps the biggest ham in all of elite gymnastics, is with us this week! She helped Australia to a sixth place finish, its best Olympic finish in history in Beijing. Despite a back fracture, a mangled hand and being normal height of 5′ 6″, she’s made a successful comeback to elite at the age of 24, almost 10 years since she first completed at the 2005 world championships. We can’t wait to watch the Oregon Beaver compete at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow later this month. We are putting out bets on her to duke it out with the British in bars finals. We discuss:
- “Australian Gymnastics Jail” – her thoughts on the Australians being left at home for the Antwerp World Championships last year.
- Learning new techniques from coach John Carney at OSU to improve her already stellar bars.
- How college gymnastics in America gave her a better understanding of the competitiveness Peggy Liddick brings to the Australian program.
- Earning a living as an adult athlete and returning to elite training hours.
- The freedom and trust she experienced from her coaches as an adult elite athlete.
Check out Olivia’s antics on her Twitter, Facebook, YouTube Channel or Instagram.
Just some of the reasons we love Miss Vivian and her Instagram account.
Or watch our YouTube playlist for Olivia Vivian’s interview here.