No video yet? Keep refreshing
GYMNASTICS PET PEEVES
We’ve got bees in our bonnets! This week, we’re celebrating the true meaning of Thanksgiving: pointing out every little thing that bothers you about loved ones. The things in gymnastics that drive us absolutely crazy, no matter how small, shallow, or irrational — the nitpickier the better!
- Floor Music Pet Peeves. Yes, we mean you, car-engine sounds. And fake endings, Spotify barf, and so much more
- Peeve or Reprieve: The New Game Show That’s Sweeping the Nation!
- Floor Choreography Pet Peeves. What’s the choreographic equivalent of a dad joke? We’ll tell you
- Pet Peeve Skills. Sell the farm because we are tearing some animal leaps to pieces
- Pet Peeves at the Competition. Wrists, salutes, and meets that look like dog shows
- The Un-Pet Peeves. Special commendation for the skills and styles we just love
- We asked for your craziest meet and training equipment stories, and you delivered, vaulting right out the double doors and into the courtyard!
The GIFT of Club Gym Nerd
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind the Scenes Q&A episodes, dedications, mini-commissions and group commissions
- Club Gym Nerd members get access to all of our exclusive extended interviews, Behind The Scenes and College & Cocktails episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here and even “tapestries” (banners perfect to display in an arena) to support your favorite gymnast here.
RESOURCES & CITATIONS
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim
- Follow the effects of the Russian invasion to Ukraine at Gymnovosti
- The Highest D and E scores from The Gymternet
- Men’s Gymnastics coverage from Kensley Neutral Deductions
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN HERE