No video yet? Keep refreshing
We watched the 1997 TV movie Perfect Body and now we REALLY need to talk about it as a family. Especially…
- That thing where you just started training elite and you’re 16-27 years old and also the Olympics are tomorrow and you’re going to make it
- Gender roles: Still going great, no notes
- How bars coaching means just yelling “TAP” 100 times in a row
- Why this movie has never heard of high school, or Seattle
- What the 1996 team gold did to deserve ALL THE SHADE it gets from this movie
- How you get random cortisone injections from Cathy Rigby over by beam
- Clingy boyfriends who interrupt training and somehow don’t get murdered????
- The Stunt Doubles of Insane Back Flexibility: Chari Knight and Kristie Phillips, and where this movie ranks in terms of gymnastics skill accuracy
- Just an extended purple windbreaker fever dream where you train on a low beam in a hotel room
- Moody vault timers at sunset and whatever an “All City Gymnastics Demonstration” is
- How the soundtrack NAILED it, and much more
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind the Scenes episodes, dedications, mini-commissions and group commissions
- Club Gym Nerd members get access to all of our exclusive extended interviews, Behind The Scenes and College & Cocktails episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here and even “tapestries” (banners perfect to display in an arena) to support your favorite gymnast here.
- Every GymCastic Commissioned episode
- Romanian Infighting
- Best Cheng Ever?
RESOURCES & CITATIONS
- Quincy Medical Examiner gymnastics episode
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim
- Follow the effects of the Russian invasion to Ukraine at Gymnovosti
- The Highest D and E scores from The Gymternet
- Men’s Gymnastics coverage from Kensley Neutral Deductions
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN HERE