No video yet? Keep refreshing
- Today, we’re checking in with a quick mini-sode (our main commissioned episode will come later this week) about what has happened in Romania since the women’s team qualified to the Olympics at worlds last month.
- We discuss what Jessica has learned from sources who witnessed what happened to Ana Barbosu during podium training at worlds—as well as in the mixed zone—as well as Catalina Ponor’s television interview about it, and whether it is appropriate for Ponor to remain in the athlete rep position
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind the Scenes episodes, dedications, mini-commissions and group commissions
- Club Gym Nerd members get access to all of our exclusive extended interviews, Behind The Scenes and College & Cocktails episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here and even “tapestries” (banners perfect to display in an arena) to support your favorite gymnast here.
RESOURCES & CITATIONS
- Romania Criminalises Cyber Harassment
- FIG Code of Conduct
- FIG Athletes’ Rights and Responsibilities Declaration
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim
- Follow the effects of the Russian invasion to Ukraine at Gymnovosti
- The Highest D and E scores from The Gymternet
- Men’s Gymnastics coverage from Kensley Neutral Deductions
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN HERE