- Don’t be a dick. Specifically, personal attacks or harassment of fellow gym nerds is absolutely forbidden. Violations will guarantee a banning without appeal. Please help our moderators by using the “flag” feature (there is a small link that says “Flag” in the top right hand of each comment box by the date/time stamp) if you see any abuse of our forum!
- No, seriously don’t be a dick. To be absolutely crystal clear, if you see rude, combative, or obnoxious behavior, do not respond in kind. This isn’t gymternet Twitter piling onto Sally Jenkins to make her retract her rude description of the 2000 Olympic team. Our moderator team will eventually get around to sorting things out. It makes things much more of a mess to have to clean up a flame war than it is to clean up a single person acting out. If you’re posting angry, back up, do a few handstands and cool off.
- No racial/ethnic/sexual/etc slurs. That said, context is important. When discussing a specific event in a related thread a quote is acceptable. In general if we have said it on a podcast, or a gymnast or commentator has said it, and you use it IN THAT CONTEXT, you’ll be fine. Still, tread lightly, and always keep in mind rules 1 and 2.
- No speculation about eating disorders.
- Keep spoilers out of thread titles. Note, we only consider spoilers to be stuff that has NOT been televised.
- No posts of or to illegal content. This includes but is not limited to links. For example, posting a link to a certain disgraced gymnastics website posting illegal photos of an underage gymnast. You will be banned if you post that kind of crap or other illegal content.
- No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to unrelated nonsense will be deleted.
- No pornography / nudity.
- Got a blog/podcast/whatever? Self promotion is okay, so long as it’s not obnoxious. Weekly or more frequently is definitely obnoxious, seasonally is definitely not. There is a grey area in between, but always keep in mind rule 1. Consider using your signature to promote your content, and make great contributions to discussions. People will notice!
- Signature guidelines: Don’t make them enormous please. Keep any images and GIFs small: 480 pixels wide by 80 pixels high or smaller.
- No public whining if you get moderated. Tag the moderators if you have a beef. Remember, this isn’t a democracy. It doesn’t matter if you personally don’t feel what you’re doing is a violation of these rules. If we or any moderator tells you to knock it off, or to cool it, then knock it off and cool it. You’re in our house. All kinds of houses have all kinds of rules, and all kinds of vibes. If you don’t like our rules or our vibes, find a new house. Always remember rule number 1 — to continue to behave in a manner that upsets the host when you’re a guest is a huge dick move.
Did Shilese’s foot land on the edge of a mat, causing her to fall? Are the mats on bars moved into position?
How does one post a question? I’ve clicked on every available icon and nothing allows me to start a new topic. I am logged in.