EXTRA CLUB CONTENT
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the video version of the show, join us for live podcasts once a week, get extended and early releases of interviews, and have early access to live show tickets. Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
College Gym Headlines
- More 10s! Leanne Wong and Jade Carey both scored two 10.000s this week as we set a record for most 10.000s given out by the second week of the season. Hooray?
- We play “Which 10 was the 10iest?” and make the case for which athlete is most likely to score 40.000
- Correct or Corrupt: This week, we’re looking at some mandatory deductions that very much weren’t taken in Florida and reaffirm that “the Nadia standard” for stuck landings isn’t a thing
- A very important anonymous letter about a TV producer’s behavior toward judges
- Kiya Johnson’s torn Achilles and LSU’s Monday comeback performance
- Blaming female reporters for the behavior of male fans: A no no
- UCLA recorded its highest road score AV (After Val)
- We learn how to count to 3, flatten the idea of the “Main Guy Who Asks Dumb Questions” in gymnastics commentary, and answer some rule questions about pirouettes, scholarships, and empty swings.
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have a Ukraine Fundraiser design, all proceeds go to the CARE Ukraine Crisis fund.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- College Gymnastics Is Back
- Project K Episode 2
- Project K Episode 1
- Sitting in Pits Made of Mattresses
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim