Clear all

Olympic Watch at Disney?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@laurenmarra)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

My husband and I will be on vacation in Disney World starting wag team finals day. Any restaurant/bar suggestions on Disney property that will show the finals live?! 

(@rebecca-liddy)
Kindergym

I dunno - but I watched the 1996 Summer Olympic games from Disney World. I remember watching Kerri Strug on TV with a giant tennis racket behind the window at the All-Star Sports Resort.

ReplyQuote
(@jane-doe)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

I wouldn't be too optimistic for a major Disney/Olympic event.  Doesn't Disney still own ABC/ESPN = competitor of NBC sports?  

ReplyQuote
(@emily-ancona)
Kindergym

There are a few options! Your best bets are Rix Sports Bar & Grill at Coronado Springs Resort or City Works Eatery at Disney Springs. I have gone to both during specific sporting events and have gotten them to change the channel of a TV near me if needed to the event I want to watch. If you want to be 100% sure you can get a table I would make a reservation, but City Works is almost always available. 

Also, AMC theaters has some sort of live Olympic programming happening... there is an AMC at Disney Springs so that is a potential option as well. 

Last, if you were planning a stop at Universal (or don't mind a 20 minute trip over there) they have a restaurant called NBC Sports Grill & Brew. Obviously given the name they do a LOT of Olympic coverage, and usually have things that are streaming on Peacock available on TVs if you ask. I usually don't need a reservation here, but again given the time of year, doesn't hurt to have one to ensure you can get a table. 

Have fun on your trip!!

ReplyQuote