Artistic Scoring Possibilities

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@anthony-orsillo)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

Listen,

I am all about the United States ability to put up high-level High-flying difficulty.  However, this olympics, plus the necessary cultural shift, has proven that our time of domination in the world is coming to an end. I think we will always be top 3 for a while, but I don’t think we will walk in with medal confidence anymore. I have a suggestion for the gumtrrnet to stew and maybe petition to see in the scoring systems going forward.

we have an E score which goes down based on the artistry and mastery of a move, and the olympics proved its literally just a judge throwing numbers out at random that jive with what a gymnastic has previously done so as not to be an “outlier.”

we have the D-Score which doesn’t change at all once it’s established and performed.

what about an A-score. A code of points category developed (mostly for women but could be a possibility for men) that encompasses the “difficulty and artistry value” of all:

F/B/MF
leaps

turns 

“dance elements”

circle work

transitions

Vault:

preflight

Height

Distance

Bars/HB

pirouettes

body positions (t/p/l)

you get my drift.  Anyways the skills that don’t receive enough D credit and also are just E liabilities would go into this “A” category that once set would not change either based on execution but can receive bonus and tenths added into the overall score.  This could help routines and encourage athletes to add artistic options to their routines and take risks with pacing and speed on beam, and dance elements/ choreography on floor instead of just tricking to score bigger.  
what do y’all think?