Clear all

Where to watch???

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@amanda-stumpff)
Kindergym
Topic starter  

I have the schedule downloaded, but if we cannot watch live because, say, we have four small children and we can’t stay up till three or four in the morning, what would be the best place to watch, maybe more close to PrimeTime the next day? I know NBC doesn’t show everything, so would the NBC sports app be a better place? I have noticed that they show a lot more. I don’t mind the commentators, I just want to see more than the bare minimum. Thanks for any answers.

(@jane-doe)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

Maybe:

nbcolympics.com

May require a cable login.  They currently have up replays of the podium trainings.  I don't know how long it takes before they make replays available.  (I'm assuming they will make them available for the actual events, as well.)

https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/how-watch-gymnastics-tokyo-olympics

Coverage of the Gymnastics competition from Tokyo, beginning Friday, July 23 (ET), will be televised on NBC (primarily in primetime) and streamed LIVE on Peacock, NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports App.

ReplyQuote
(@j-parker-adair)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Peacock is showing a ton, but it might not be up for a day. I notice the men’s qualification is on the “Tokyo Now” show early morning (now) US Saturday, but they are only showing session three.

Excited to see US of course, and South Korea on vault, but I’d also like to see the best countries in qualification. Anyone know how to see that?

ReplyQuote
(@jeremy-groff)
Kindergym User

I am really confused about how to watch too. What is Spencer watching? 

ReplyQuote
Sorator
(@sorator)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Your best bet, if you're in the US, is to use the nbcolympics site - Spencer has links for each session's stream over at https://balancebeamsituation.com/2021/07/20/olympic-links-and-session-previews/

It requires a provider login; if you don't have one already, one of the easy option is to buy Sling.tv's Blue package for (I think) $35/month. That login will get you access to NBC's site. (And ofc you can cancel it immediately and only pay for the one month if you only want it for gymnastics.)

Men's quali was only the main feed, but women's quali had the main feed and the multi-event 4-in-1 feed, which was much better; you can see just about any routine you want there. There are ads that play and sometimes interrupt routines, though. We'll see if we get a working multi-event feed for the men for team finals or AA finals.

You will have to skip around if you don't want to watch the entire session start to finish (which, with all the subdivision, is a lot of time to invest, heh).

This post was modified 3 years ago by Sorator

ReplyQuote
(@j-parker-adair)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Peacock has been showing men’s on Tokyo Live in the early morning (US). No idea on women’s. I missed WAG because it was at 1:30am CT. The Primetime replay was terrible. It’s like no other countries exist.

ReplyQuote