Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes.
Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- Disclaimer: We like you as a worthwhile and beautiful human person, even if your leotard is objectively a garbage fire
This week, Lauren from the gymter.net reunites with Jessica and Spencer to goof about leotards for a while. We discuss:
- What is the sign of a perfect leotard? Is it even a leotard at all?
- Why your leotard shouldn’t make us think about leather hammocks
- The superhero leo trend. Where is it going next?
- Is it possible to lean in to a theme…too hard?
- Pride and BLM leos, plus actual skin color inclusion (what a concept!)
- Gold and flags. Stop. Don’t.
- The Unitard revolution
- The gravity defying backless trend strengthens and of course, crotch fashion.
- Why compromise is the enemy of good leos
- Vagina teeth, boob towels, werewolf attacks, lace, corsets, paintballs, and ruffles feature in the House of Horrors
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have a Ukraine Fundraiser design, all proceeds go to the CARE Ukraine Crisis fund.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- Donate grips and tape for Ukrainian gymnasts
- Donate to family of Alabama volunteer assistant coach in Ukraine
- To follow the effects of the Russian invasion to Ukraine on gymnastics, go to Gymnovosti
- The Leotard Episode: Part 1
- College Gym News Leotard articles
- 2022 Winter Cup Recap
- Spitfire: The Movie (Commissioned)
- Nadia: The Movie (Commissioned)
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN
I am SHOCKED that Jessica did not talk (at length…at a pitch dogs can hear…) about Mandy Mohamed’s Olympic leo.
The Auburn ruffle leo… looks like a gift your grandma gave you (or worse, made for you) that you hated and your mom made you wear so you don’t hurt her feelings. It’s just so awful.