This week, we have a commission from Club Gym Nerd member Sara, who requested an episode all about the things you only know if you’ve actually done gymnastics. But that’s not all! We have the pleasure of being joined by a special guest, Dutch elite gymnast and 2017 world floor finalist Bram Verhofstad, to help us in this vital mission.
From how annoying it is when people ask if you’re going to the Olympics (NO! SHUT IT!), to pit boogers and urban legends (or not so urban legends) about finding rats in the pit, to the only proper way to break in grips, to gymnast’s gross cool and impressive hands, to favorite beams, to vault-step rituals, to awkward spotting accidents, it turns out there’s a lot that gymnasts know that no one else could ever understand. Plus, you’re going to learn what “tricky boys” are, and you won’t be disappointed.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Worlds Team Updates
- Paris World Cup
- Things Are Happening – September 13, 2019
- The Race to Tokyo – All-Around Qualification
- The Race to Tokyo – The Bubble Teams
- 384: But What about Allan?
- 383: Russians and Investigations
- 382: 2020 Olympic Qualification with Prof. Spencer
- 381: I’m Just Pissed Off Already—US Nationals Review