Spencer is alone this week for a comprehensive explainer of this comically complicated 2020 Olympic qualification process, answering all the questions you were too afraid to ask because you didn’t quite understand them.
- How teams qualify to the Olympics from worlds
- How individuals qualify to the Olympics from worlds
- WTF the “Jade Carey route” is
- How the all-around world cups are different from the apparatus world cups and why they matter (AHHHHH)
- Why continental championships are so important in 2020
- Jade Carey?
- Sub-question: Jade Carey, Jade Carey, Jade Carey?
- How is the US going to qualify its fifth and sixth women to the Olympics?
- What will these non-team individuals even do at the Olympics?
- What should the US strategy be for that second individual spot?
- How does 2-per-country work at the Olympics with all these individuals?
- BUT WHAT HAPPENS IF THE US WANTS JADE CAREY ON THE TEAM OF 4?!?!?!
- Could the US send MyKayla Skinner and/or Sunisa Lee to apparatus world cups?
- Won’t somebody PLEASE think about Becky Downie and Epke Zonerland??? (Yes.)
- What are the best chances for the US men to get extra Olympic spots?
- Which countries are going to end up with 6 athletes at the Olympics?
- How could this process be better? (All the ways?)
- The Most Difficult Bars Routines in the World
- Things Are Happening – August 16, 2019
- Simone Biles Difficulty Score Analysis
- The Scores: Post-Nationals Edition
- US Nationals: A GIFstory
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 381: I’m Just Pissed Off Already—US Nationals Review
- 380: CSI: Code of Points with Chellsie Memmel
- 379: US Nationals Preview, Pan Am Games, Gymternet News
- 378: KONNOR MCCLAIN! US Classic Junior Review
- 377: CAPES! The US Classic Senior Review
- 376: US Classic Preview and Mag 7 Musical Review
- 375: Double Kovacs to Low Bar
- 374: GymCastic Podcast—Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Heading (Commissioned)
- 373: Nabieva Returns and Morgan Hurd Special Announcement
- 372: Junior Worlds and Gymternet News
- 371: European Games 2019