In our first episode of the week (look out for a junior worlds/gymternet news episode later in the week where we tell you all to GET A GRIP about the US performance), we take on the events of the second-ever European Games, which is definitely not the European Championships, you guys. Don’t even think that it is. Because it’s not.
- Complaining about the format: 18 people in the AA final? Six in event finals?? One per country??? Top women’s AA qualifiers starting on bars???? This is not how it goes, European Games. Not how it goes.
- Fangirling the queen: Angelina Melnikova edition. She had kind of an amazing meet and even hit beam all of the times.
- Success for France, Ukraine being too Ukraine to function, and why the splatfest of an all-around final was definitely the fault of that damn personal-space-violating fox.
- The case of the last-minute allergic reaction
- Nina’s rollercoaster from bars fall to all-time ANGER BEAM
- Why 80-hour, mid-meet medal ceremonies are not OK
- Oh also Putin was there (???????)
- Kick-ass things to do with your medals
- Where does all-around champion Belyavskiy currently fit in the Russian hierarchy?
- Oleg is back…right…RIGHT?
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- European Games and Junior Worlds – Day 4
- European Games and Junior Worlds – Day 3
- Junior Worlds – Day 2
- European Games and Junior Worlds – Day 1
- 370: #FreeMai
- 369: 2019 American Classic
- 368: No-No-Nunnoisms (Commissioned)
- 367: Shawn and Nastia: From Feud to Friendship (Commissioned)
- 366: Virtuous Value Parts
- 365: 1988 Olympics Team Competition (Commissioned)
- 364: 80s Fight! (Commissioned)
- 363: Five Is the New Four (…Is the New Five)
- 362: Morgan Hurd & Heath Thorpe