- There is a MAGNIFICENT SEVEN MUSICAL, and Spencer will never be the same
- We discuss 82-year-old badass gymnastics, some dude who doesn’t deserve a link, Simone granting wishes while being short, BYU’s bottle cap challenge, and Katelyn Ohashi not doing DWTS because phew
- USAG’s tentative women’s calendar for 2020 and what we think of it
- Someone did a list of best gymnastics movies. We discuss the actual, correct list.
- Like Gymkata and the country of Parmesan
- And Spitfire which…just…you need to see this to believe it
- The deal with the Chris Riegel story
- Spencer cares a lot about the ESPYs you guys. Like a lot.
We trot around the globe to deliver news about Ana Perez, Courtney McGregor, why Poland is being very disappointing this month, Cuba actually having its act together, and how everyone is in Japan for a training camp
World Champion-level Club Gym Nerd member Karla asked us to discuss the most tragic examples of getting two-per-countried with hypotheses about whether the person who got knocked out could have medaled.
We talk about Wieber and Douglas and also pull a few nuggets out of the archives (like Justice for Huang Mandan).
Adult gymnastics, Nellie Kim’s curses, a faux-thongatard debacle, USAG not having its act together, RESPECT for T&T, SafeSport and forgiveness, how sexism against men doesn’t exist, the dangers of not moving the springboard, and what’s really going on with Mexico and the cheek kissing, JESSICA!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- The Scores: Pre-Classic Edition
- Things Are Happening – July 12, 2019
- The Race to Tokyo – July 2019 Update
- US Classic Rosters
- The University of Nabieva
- 374: GymCastic Podcast—Where We’ve Been and Where We’re Heading (Commissioned)
- 373: Nabieva Returns and Morgan Hurd Special Announcement
- 372: Junior Worlds and Gymternet News
- 371: European Games 2019
- 370: #FreeMai
- 369: 2019 American Classic
- 368: No-No-Nunnoisms (Commissioned)
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN