- Overall impressions
- This meet was goooooooood. It’s Classic. It’s not supposed to be this good.
- Jessica talks about happiness and feelings and a kinder, gentler gymnastics
- The broadcast: Tim said “dickmount,” the Tim Daggett/Tom Forster passive-aggressive showdown about over-competing that we wanted to last forever, and much more
- Listen. The WCC gymnasts walked out in capes. Simone had BILES on her back. All of our dreams are coming true. Obviously this has given us other signature leo ideas.
- Simone’s floor upgrades. I mean. Guys. We need to talk about this. For a while.
- Event Queens of E: Simone’s vault, McCusker’s bars, Simone’s beam and McCusker’s beam, and McCusker’s floor
- Scoring records and our problems with the execution evaluation
- The Pan Ams team has been named. Spencer has some concerns about the selection approach, and we need to commune about the absence of Sunisa on the team despite this.
- Our pre-meet mysteries: How MyKayla Skinner, Jordan Chiles, Faith Torrez, and Gabby Perea answered the questions we had going in, and our theories about Skinner’s floor
- You heard right: We’re gushing about something Jade Carey did choreographically
- Plus, the GAGEs did GAGE things, Morgan is right on track, and TRINITY TRINITY TRINITY
- Emma Malabuyo pulled out with a broken tibia. We discuss the Texas Dreams injury situation.
- We invented a new term “MenCAA” please adjust your phrasing accordingly from now on.
- OK, there’s not that much time for gymternet news this week, but we just had to discuss the Maria Caire/UCLA story.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Did You Mean Mariah Carey?
- US Classic Senior Live Blog
- US Classic Junior Notes
- US Classic Junior Live Blog
- 376: US Classic Preview and Mag 7 Musical Review
- 375: Double Kovacs to Low Bar
- 374: GymCastic PodcastWhere We’ve Been and Where We’re Heading (Commissioned)
- 373: Nabieva Returns and Morgan Hurd Special Announcement
- 372: Junior Worlds and Gymternet News
- 371: European Games 2019