She used to be called “my mini-me” by Alicia Sacramone and then she became one of the most consistent gymnasts in the United States. She clinched team gold for the Fierce Five in London with a clutch performance on floor. That routine featured some of her trademark INSANE tumbling. She’s back in the gym and ready to return to competition later this year. We discuss:
- If she’s still on track to be back for Classics in Chicago.
- Bars, bars and bars, yes, she talks about her love/hate relationship with bars.
- Her advice about handling pressure )because she’s so freakin’ good at it!)
- Crazy skills she’s been working on. Kenzo look out!
- What helped her improve her flexibility and toe point last year.
- What happened with Jordyn in the training room when Aly advanced to all-around finals without her.
- How her relationship with coaches Mihai and Silvia Brestyan has changed since the Olympics.
- Her thoughts on the Chinese age controversy in Antwerp.
- How she deals with fear, even when Miahi calls her a chicken!
- 63: Doctor Larry Nassar
- Episode 48: Kyla Ross
- Episode 39: Victoria Moors
- Episode 33: Simone Biles & Her Coaches
Wonderful interview! I love how you asked the touchy questions without pressuring her to say things she wasn’t comfortable with. I can’t wait to see Aly back in competition!