Clear all

My first meet! University of Kentucky

8 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@erin-reed)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

So I FINALLY got to go to a meet here in my state. I have wanted to go for years but never really got the chance even tho it's just about over a hour away. Listening to Jessica say you just have to see it in person made me just die to go. Been listening to the podcast for about 4 yrs now and recently joined as a gym nerd. I just wanted to share how much fun I had at the University of Kentucky vs. University of Georgia last night. My mom and sis in law went with me and I am telling you all I haven't been this happy in a long time. Been dealing with my fiance having throat cancer and he's in treatment so my family wanted to do something for me. And this was the best that they could have done for me. I want to tell y'all how much this community means to me. There are days that I'm not sure how I'm gonna get thru. And I turn my podcasts on and it takes me to my happy place. 

Oh I almost forgot. Raena Worley finally got her 10 and I was there to see it!!!! 

Have a good day my fellow gym nerds. 

GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin

First, we're sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery for your fiancé.

Thank you so much for sharing your story Erin and we're very happy to hear you had such a great time. And thank you for your support! We love the community that we're building here. 

Erin Reed reacted
ReplyQuote
(@famattinglybsn)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Hey If you ever want to go to another Kentucky meet let me know.  I am a season ticket holder and I make the just over an hour drive east on I-64 to be there.  I need to find some gym nerd friends here because my two best friends, so and Dad are really sick of me talking gym all the time during season.  

Erin Reed reacted
ReplyQuote
(@erin-reed)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

Shoot I didn't see this. Absolutely! I'm so happy to find some more KY gym nerds. I thought I was alone, as gymnastics is still widely ignored here. I live in Morehead. Where do you live? I got ticks for Florida! Are u going? 

ReplyQuote
(@erin-reed)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

Not sure why that's in caps. Lol sorry. Not yelling.. 

ReplyQuote
(@famattinglybsn)
Spencer's Eye Roll

@erin-reed I live in the 'Ville... hopefully soon we will get a team here. But I make the trek from louisville to lexington during the season

ReplyQuote
(@erin-reed)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

@famattinglybsn are you going tomorrow?

ReplyQuote
(@erin-reed)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

@famattinglybsn are u here today. Love to meet my fellow gym nerd

ReplyQuote