48 Users
31 Likes
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin
Topic starter  

GymCastic Fantasy Gymnastics League

What Is It? 

The main league is a season-long fantasy league for the 2024 NCAA gymnastics season (and we plan to continue into the domestic and international elite seasons).

Yeah, But What is Fantasy Gymnastics?

Fantasy gymnastics is your opportunity to play head coach and create your own lineups each week during the season to see if you can outscore your fellow gym nerds. 

How Does It Work? 

Select a lineup of 5 athletes on each of the four apparatus. You are given a fictitious budget of $75,000 to create your roster. The higher the ranking of the athlete, the higher cost to add them to your roster. Our current pricing structure:

Tier 1 – 10 gymnasts, $6,250
Tier 2 – gymnasts, $5,000
Tier 3 – gymnasts, $3,000
Tier 4 – gymnasts, $2,000
Tier 5 – Everyone else, $1,000

You can set your lineup once and see how it goes or you can modify your roster each week.

• Once logged in you should see a button that says Set Lineup. 
  • There's a dropdown menu to sort your selections by apparatus
  • **IMPORTANT: Click "Finish" under your selected athletes to SAVE your lineup.

At the end of the week's competitions, we will update the scores within the system and you will be able to see how your team scored compared to everyone else within the league. 

At the end of the season, the team with the highest cumulative points wins.

Do I Have to Spend All My Money? 

No. You just can't go over the salary cap. 

Can Everyone Draft the Same Athletes? 

Yes. That also means if you want to separate yourself, you'll want to find those extra tenths wherever you can. 

Can Friends Join?

Yes! Anyone can join. The league is open to all. 

Can I Give My Team A Name? 

Yes. Half the fun of fantasy sports is coming up with creative names... we may even reward our favorites. 

Can I Start My Own League?

Yes. Create it and name it whatever you want. Your league will mimic the GymCastic league settings.

What Happens if An Athlete Competes Twice in One Week?

We're going to take the top score. 

What Happens if an Athlete Doesn't Compete or They're On a Bye?

If the athlete is on your roster and they don't put up a score because they don't compete or are on a bye, unfortunately you get a zero. 

I'm Late Here... Can I Still Join?

Yes. You can start playing at any time, but you likely won't find yourself atop the leaderboard at the end of the season. With that said, creating lineups is fun, so welcome aboard.

What Do I Get Out of It? 

Aside from the fun of setting your lineups and seeing how brilliant you are... GymCastic is going to give away a free, full commissioned episode to the GymCastic League winner. If there are multiple winners, we will draw a name from the tied teams. 

Lastly, this is new for us too, so we're brainstorming other prizes as the season gets going. More on that in the near future. 

Anything Else? 

We started this league for the community, so we want your feedback. Please send us an email (include Fantasy in the Subject line) or drop a note in the new Fantasy section on the Forum—where you can also chat with each other.

plastpase1 reacted
(@plastpase1)
Kindergym

This sounds like so much fun, can't wait!

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@amber-nielson)
Kensley's Document Binder

Is there anyway to edit our teams after we set them?

Also would you consider a 6 up 5 count format (like NCAA) because it can be hard to know if its a rest week or an injury occurs and teams don't always update the fans.

Also what is the deadline each week to set up a team?

MAGGIE A reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ajgarbus)
Kindergym

Excited to participate! Is there a centralized list of which teams have bye weeks which week? Novice gym nerd and fantasy player here just hoping to avoid a week of a 0 😬

ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Topic starter  

@amber-nielson You should be able to edit your team up until the time the competition starts. To do this, you'll first need to remove them from your starting lineup and then you should be able to see options to add new athletes(s). 

Re: 6 up 5 count, we're taking everything under consideration (and we understand the concern about injuries), but we're going to try this format for now to see how it goes. Dodging the injury bug is part of the challenge. Thank you for the recommendation. We're taking note.

ReplyQuote
(@robin-hornberger)
Kindergym

How do I get back in and edit my team? I can log back into Fantasizr, but cannot figure out how to make changes to my team. I did figure it out yesterday and then it did not save my changes.

ReplyQuote
(@robin-hornberger)
Kindergym

Never mind, for anyone else looking. When you see the list of teams, you just click "set week 1 lineups." You don't need to click on your team name first.

ReplyQuote
(@erin-raffety)
Kindergym

I'm worried that my website picks are not syncing with my app: when I'm on the website I can see my Week 1 lineup but when I click on the app, it says "This team has no players" for everyone in my league, but we've all made our picks. When I click on the three dots and click "Set Lineup" it shows me my picks but with a grey circle with a line in them and will only let me save them...what am I missing?

ReplyQuote
(@alex-facey)
Kindergym

How is the scoring going to work for teams that have double headers in one weekend?  If Haleigh Bryant vaults twice in one weekend and she's on my team, will it be the best score that counts?  The average?

Aubrey Pink reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michelle-green0810sbcglobal-net)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Can you have two teams going under one login? or do you have to create a second log in/account for a 2nd team?

ReplyQuote
 V K
(@vk)
Spencer's Eye Roll

It's hard to read the lineup when it's sorting by last name and not event

ReplyQuote
(@martha-earhart)
Kindergym

@ajgarbus https://collegegymnews.com/schedule/ has the meets listed for each week!

ReplyQuote
(@jeanine-kivimaki)
Spencer's Eye Roll

I’m about ready to angry cry lol. I have tried for the last 2 days to get my account set up for fantasizr. It keeps telling me it’s going to send me an email to confirm my email address. I keep clicking “send email” and it’s now 36 hours later and nothing 

I just wanna playyyy. 

ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Topic starter  

@erin-raffety Be sure that once you've made your selections--or throughout your selection process--to click "Finish" under your selected roster. If you pick your athletes and don't select "Finish" it won't save your picks.

matt kast reacted
ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Topic starter  

@jeanine-kivimaki We'll look into this for you. Sorry you're having issues.

ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Topic starter  

@michelle-green0810sbcglobal-net We think you'll need two logins for two teams within a league, but you might be able to set up a private league and the GymCastic public league under one login.

ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Topic starter  

@vk Thank you for this feedback, we'll see what we can do. We know sorting through all the info has room for improvement.

ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Topic starter  

@alex-facey We're confirming the scoring on this type of situation this week and will update here once we have the information confirmed.

ReplyQuote
(@shanna-buster)
Kindergym

When are the weeks starting and ending?  Are you doing Friday through Thursday like Gymlytics? Or Monday through Sunday like RTN? Just need to know in order to set lineups based on teams competing in a given week.  Thanks!

This post was modified 4 months ago by Shanna Buster

ReplyQuote
(@jeanine-kivimaki)
Spencer's Eye Roll

@gymcastic thank you!! 💜

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 6