Clear all

Wishlist

8 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
(@bubbletmonster)
Kindergym User
Topic starter  

Really enjoying this fantasy format, but there are definitely a few things I think would improve the experience. Some of them are probably things that would need to happen next season, the main one being that it should not be 5 up 5 count per event. In this current format, what matters most is that you're picking gymnasts who are competing--if you get unlucky and pick a single gymnast who gets injured or is randomly being rested for the week, it's literally worse than counting 10 falls!

However, there are some things that would be really helpful features to add this season:

- Recalibrating what "tier" gymnasts and their routines fall into.

- Providing reminders further ahead of time of which teams have a bye and which teams have multiple meets. It would be especially helpful because this league has a different weekly cycle than Gymlytics, so it gets really confusing to figure out which week some meets count toward.

- It would also be helpful to indicate somewhere whether teams are home or away, as that may impact who we put in lineups!

- This might be something specifically for Fantasizr, but I find it really annoying that there's no way to quickly see who I have grouped by event. In fact, I made my own spreadsheet just to make it easier on myself! It would also be so great to not have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to hit the "Finish" button 🙂

GymCastic reacted
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin

Thank you or the feedback! These are all great suggestions. Everything is under consideration. 

ReplyQuote
 Sara
(@sarap)
Kindergym

Hi there! thank you for organizing the league, I’m having so much fun!

A few wishlist items:

- Ability to see our weekly score in addition to our season cumulative score. It’s tough to tell how we did each week if our total score is 900,000-something, my brain only works if it’s out of 200 each week!

- Similarly, it would be great to have the ability to see overall rankings AND weekly rankings- as far as I can tell on our end we can only see the overall rankings and we have to wait for the newsletter to see how we did in the weekly rankings.

Thanks again, looking forward to many seasons of fantasy gym!

ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)

@sarap Hi Sara: You should be able to see the weekly and the overall/cumulative score. When you visit Fantasizr below the Set Lineup button there's a dropdown menu where you can select Season Standings (cumulative score) where if you're not in the top 50 your score should appear at the very bottom; and then if you click the drop down you can select the week to see your weekly total--again, showing the top 50 plus your score at the bottom if you're not already included. 

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any follow-up questions. 

ReplyQuote
(@allison-rak)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Love all of @bubbletmonster's suggestions but most importantly, getting rid of the five up format. Yes, we can take the extra step to find out who has a bye, but knowing who is injured or will make a lineup is kind of impossible for most, and makes it a somewhat frustrating experience. 

I'd love if more teams were included, though without some of the UI changes I guess that might become unwieldy. 

For those of us who appreciate a victory and have no chance of a big win, it would be fun to see weekly winners by event. Again, just looking for something to get excited about, especially when most weeks the overall score is in the 170s because I didn't end up with a full roster. Really,I appreciate any types of awards - best team name, most consistent, least consistent, most committed to our team (for those who keep the same team all year - ha), I'm sure there are many. No prizes needed - just bragging rights and something to keep us interested when we fail to get a decent team score week after week. Thanks for doing this! 

ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)

@allison-rak Thank you for this. We're always looking to for different ways we can improve the game. We've been thinking about maybe adding one more player (a 21st player) on the rosters and then allowing the lowest score to be dropped (trying to find a balance of not building monster rosters, but allowing injuries/byes to not ruin a really good week). 

Regarding the "awards," this is a great idea. What do you think would be a good way to acknowledge/represent these winners in a way that would be appreciated? Mentioned on the show? In the Fantasy column/newsletter/video... something else? All of the above? We've talked with Fantasizr about adding "indicator" icons within the game to showcase winners. We really appreciate your thoughts! 

ReplyQuote
(@allison-rak)
Spencer's Eye Roll

@gymcastic -- For awards, the simplest thing would be to just have a way, when we log on and check our ranking, to be able to sort by event and see where we stand, so that we have five chances to do well and not just one. Yes, kind of pathetic that it's all I need but it's true 😉 But a mention on the podcast would be super fun. Other ideas... a "badge" next to our name on the fantasy site, or yes maybe a column or box on the fantasy site (whatever is easiest, given the technology is what I would say!) 

A few other ideas: it might be nice to have the byes and injury updates more easily accessible, or perhaps they are and I'm just not sure where they are. I see them posted by collegegymnews on insta, so I kind of go back and forth, and then I look on Spencer's blog. Same for when I'm trying to find a replacement athlete. It might be nice to have a "resources" page and have it linked easily from the fantasy site. Again, if it's already there then just ignore me. 

Another idea - it might be fun to somehow reward people who are early adopters of really strong gymnasts (the way I am with several Cal gymnasts 🙂 Not exactly sure how, but maybe a separate pool where you enter one team or even a mini-team before the start of the season, with no ability to make changes, and then get a total at the end. That would be fun. 

Thanks again for doing this. My husband, (non-gymnast) daughter and I have been having a lot of fun with it, and it's helping us get more engaged in the college gym scene. 

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@amber-nielson)
Kensley's Document Binder

@gymcastic I have thought a bit about ways to make adding a 6th athlete to each event but doing it fairly...I think adding just 4,000 to our budget would be enough to get an additional athlete but they would be a very low level person but would be a nice buffer...its not enough to upgrade 4 5,000 to the 6,250 athletes nor 3,000 to 5,000...it is enough to upgrade some 1,2, or 3,000 people but that then limits how many in that amount you could get...just a thought on a way to help...I know last week I had an AMAZING week except Emily Lopez didn't compete bars and that was discouraging.

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote