Clear all

Dominique Morceanu related press

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@katherine)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle
Topic starter  

I have been researching some of the contemporary press accounts of Dominique Morceanu speaking out and thought i would share them in one place for folks thoughts:

Texas Monthly, 1999, Has Dominique Moceanu Flipped? - This one has aged like milk.

LA Times, July 23, 2008, Moceanu Accuses Karolyis of Abuse - This one includes the lovely Kim Zmeskal quote “I don’t know where she’s coming from.  From my personal experience, she’s coming from a different planet.”

Related to the above there is Emilia Eberle's November 2008 report that was confirmed by Pozsar, Olympic Gymnasts Claims Karolyi Beat Her.

And here is a https://twitter.com/Dmoceanu/status/95518958290721587 3" target="_blank" rel="noopener">gem of a letter sent to Moceanu in 2008 by John Geddert.  Given that Moceanu says that she got many letters like that from inside the elite community and she saved them all part of me wonders why there aren't a lot of people who should be glad that she seems to be more restrained then people have depicted her.

Does anyone else have any other examples of pre-2016 coverage of her speaking out?  It always rang true to me but I came from a family background that made her story ring true to me.