Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes.
Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- Today, Uncle Tim makes his triumphant return to the podcast to deliver a cornucopia of busted myths and preposterous facts that he has uncovered during research for gymnastics-history.com, including:
- Why was the Sydney vault too low? We finally know!
- The (less exciting) real story of Vera Caslavska, Larisa Petrik, and the 1968 floor final
- A 1968 beam protest
- A men’s judging fight!
- Plus, Jessica and Spencer go head-to-head in a gymnastics history True/False quiz
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have a Ukraine Fundraiser design, all proceeds go to the CARE Ukraine Crisis fund.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- Donate grips and tape for Ukrainian gymnasts
- Donate to family of Alabama volunteer assistant coach in Ukraine
- To follow the effects of the Russian invasion to Ukraine on gymnastics, go to Gymnovosti
- Myths, Legends, and Unexpected Moments Part 1
- Myths, Legends, and Unexpected Moments Part 2
- The Leotard Episode: Part Deux
- NCAA Championships
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN