In the news, Jessica and Spencer from The Balance Beam Situation chat about:
- Auburn could be the bar dismount champions, especially Caitlin Atkinson half-in half-out (look out Katie Bailey)
- Ranch News: Gabrielle Douglas, Aly Raisman, Simone Biles vs. Bailie Key, plus Laurie Hernandez is back on the team!
- The latest NCAA rankings and why they don’t really mean anything right now.
- Our thoughts on the latest 10’s from Brenna Dowell, Haley Scaman and Ashley Lambert.
- Did we think Florida was underscored on beam at Alabama? Did Alabama recover from last week’s beamsaster?
- Thank goodness the SEC Network is obviously listening to the show because they’ve fixed Courtney’s Keys.
- The good, the gorgeous (Kari Lee’s beam! Peng’s bars! DABRITZ) and the beam start-value apocalypse from Utah vs. UCLA.
- Kentucky at Georgia: Brittany Rogers saves the team with all of her patented Mapleleaf stadler action bar genius.
- Comeback-MANIA in Romania! Marian Drăgulescu joining Ponor to save Romanian gymnastics!
- Tabitha Yim gave one of the most important interviews of all time. Print it on your soul now.
- Shannon Miller’s ex-husband is in trouble again.
- The period, good ol’ menstruation – is it still taboo in sports? We give our expert opinions.
- Your feedback about the Penn State gymnastics team’s 409 controversy.
Tabitha Yim says, “not everyone achieves their dreams and when I talk to my athletes now, I tell them I didn’t, but I’m okay. Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean you can’t be happy. You can always build new dreams and pursue them just as passionately.” Read the rest of her interview here.
- 134: 409 Wins Restored, Lives Still Ruined
- 133: Interview – Katelyn Ohashi Commits to UCLA
- Videos: Katelyn Ohashi is back!
- 132: It’s Never Too Late to Start Adult Gymnastics
- Episode 131: A New Hope