- Oklahoma extends its national lead at Metroplex, and Maggie is back
- Jessica has a moment about Stanford, featuring a story of public embarrassment from her college years (yay!)
- Auburn has a stick stick, Washington has a money gun, and Maryland has a sparkly turtle shell. The real heroes.
- Weekly feelings alert: The Ari Guerra story
- Or, does gymnastics fetishize and celebrate risking your future health too much?
- Example, Kim Hamilton’s excellent book starts with her post-gymnastics crawling on the floor, in too much pain to stand.
- The problem with scoring the rotation order—and what’s the best lineup strategy if you know Carol is coming to town?
- Crack or correct: The Natalie Wojcik problem and the most WTF vault score ever for Penn
- So that happened: John Roethlisberger, the Auburn dudes, and we’ll never be the same
- A sexism Rage-o-Meter from…Spencer? Stop listing the names of the parents like that’s a stat, and maybe hire some more women for these jobs
- We discuss how much money USAG is paying Steve Penny, Mary Bono, and Box of Scarves. NOT GREAT, BOB.
- The Senate has an “AHEM, HEM” moment re: decertification and the USOC’s tax-exempt status.
- Katarzyna Jurkowska-Kowalska is retiring
- Getting ready for Elite Canada and the Buckeye Kristal Uzelac qualifier this weekend
- Updates on Amy Tinkler, Ashton Locklear, Roxana Popa, Beth Tweddle, and the potential for world peace
- The latest on Jessica’s quest to become an arm scientist
- Why doesn’t the high bar have padding on it?
- Nina gets another…oddly shaped award
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Safeguarding: A Checklist for parents and coaches
- Week 4 Ranking Notes
- Sunday Live Blog – January 27, 2019
- Saturday Live Blog – January 26, 2019
- Friday Live Blog – January 25, 2019
- Things Are Happening – January 25, 2019
- Roster Notes – Week 3
- Only the Best – Week 3
- 348: Break the Beam, Literally
- 347: The Michigan Mess & the Viral Queen
- 346: Peng Is Here!
- 345: So Long 2018
- 344: Shushunova vs. Silivas 1988 (Commissioned)
- 343: The Andrade Cup & the Dumpster Fire of Lies