COLLEGE GYMNASTICS (03:36)
- SEC excitement won the day on Friday. We ask: is there actually a way to make wins and losses matter in college, or is it just a nice idea?
- Sabrina Vega literally broke the beam in Georgia (or it bowed to her greatness)
- Spencer has no words for the insane scoring at the UCLA/Arizona State meet.
- Oklahoma scores 197.000, which is like 193.000 for Oklahoma
- Maggie Nichols out with a bruised heel
- Crack or correct: Anastasia Webb’s 9.950 on beam (45:20)
- McKenna Merrell-Giles wins the hilarious beam fall award, and what’s the deal with Skinner’s scores?
- Random stick-themed nonsense of the week: Oregon State’s stick chainsaw, and Illinois’ stick STICK
- Shout outs to Arden Hudson of Ball State for vaulting a handspring repulsion 2/1, and Sophia Hyderally of Alaska for her magical floor.
- Crack or correct: Ona Loper’s 9.750 vault, New Hampshire’s 49.425 beam rotation ((1:24:00)
ADVICE CORNER (1:08:59)
What is proper meet etiquette? Jessica and Spencer have some…differing views about how one should behave in the audience at a gymnastics competition. As you might imagine.
GYMTERNET NEWS (1:26:44)
- John Engler finally resigned from MSU
- Kathryn Carson has a board update. Everything is great apparently, unless you ask anyone
- US women have national team camp at EVO this week, and there’s drama over who got invited and who did not
- TRIGGER WARNING: The trouble with SafeSport
- Rosters are out for the Stuttgart AA world cup (SIMONE AND ALIYA) and Melbourne event world cup
- Monday Live Blog – January 21, 2019
- Saturday Live Blog – January 19, 2019
- Friday Live Blog – January 18, 2019
- NCAA Week 3 Preview
- NCAA Week 3 – Schedule and Links
- Roster Notes – Week 2
- Only the Best – Week 2
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 347: The Michigan Mess & the Viral Queen
- 346: Peng Is Here!
- 345: So Long 2018
- 344: Shushunova vs. Silivas 1988 (Commissioned)
- 343: The Andrade Cup & the Dumpster Fire of Lies
- 342: A Quitter’s Try – The CNN Parkettes Documentary (Commissioned)
- 341: The Call Is Coming from Inside the House
- 340: USAG and The Case of the Missing Documents