Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded (pre-edits with all the bloopers and blunders that don’t make it onto the final show) and see video clips of the gymnastics while we discuss.
- European Championships are still on! (For some reason?) We discuss the move to Turkey, who’s not attending, the change in Olympic qualification, and why this event happening at all.
- Gymnast Alliance: Amy Tinkler has the receipts, and the horrifying letter sent to the Australian juniors in 2000.
- Plus, the campaigns to save Alaska and Minnesota and William & Mary, how the Italian gymnasts may have been cursed by a sea monster, and the revolving door of NCAA coaching that just keeps revolving.
- We discuss Mai’s domination of Japanese Nationals, Kohei’s new identity as a high bar specialist, Chinese Nationals confirming the greatness of Tingting, the importance of Guan Chenchen, and Wei Xiaoyuan’s magic charm.
- At Szombathely, Marta Pihan-Kulesza. End of podcast.
- Plus, a blooper for the ages, a possible 2020 competition opportunity for the US, and Oleg updates.
- Check out our new imprint Gymnastics International for full episodes about recent meets!
The history of women in American gymnastics commentary, recovering assholes, EDUCATION, dying underwear, mesh lining, and whether there’s a “witch hunt” of gymnastics coaches.
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!
- 441: Gymnastics Commentary Hall of Shame (Commissioned)
- 440: Chinese Gymnastics Team Trainer: Annemarie Alf DPT, CSCS
- 439: The Curious Case of the Extra Urine