Clear all

2023 World Championships

15 Posts
9 Users
7 Likes
(@jessica-schuddekopf)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

Is anyone planning on attending? It seems like this will be less expensive than going to trials. However I cannot seem to get anyone to go with me. I might do a solo trip. 

https://antwerpgymnastics2023.com/en/tickets/visitor-packages

E Love reacted
Topic Tags
(@kelly-wendt)
Spencer's Eye Roll

I'm heading there with four friends (all gymnerd ladies in their mid to late 30s) - we're always open to making new friends abroad! It does seem like worlds wont be much more than trials all said and done (we are doing belgium Tues-Sun) and should be an incredible experience

E Love reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jessica-schuddekopf)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

@kelly-wendt Awesome! I'm the same age as you all. I wish I could get my gym nerd friends to come along! I'll let you know if I'm going 🙂

ReplyQuote
Gymjudgenerd
(@gymjudgenerd)
Kindergym

Yes, I'm going solo too.  Would love to meet up with others.

E Love reacted
ReplyQuote
 rfab
(@rfab)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Hi fellow gymnerds, first time forum poster! Been loving gymnastics since the Magnificent Seven and found out about Gymcastic around this time last year - obviously, I've been completely hooked. I'm an American based in the UK and had an amazing time with all the gymnastics competitions in the UK last year (Commonwealth and Worlds). Normally I just catch events on TV, but I love the atmosphere at live meets and even got my Husband totally into gymnastics as he was my plus 1 at all these great events! I'll be going to the Worlds on my own, but looking forward to hopefully meeting other gymnerds at the meet and in the city! In my late 30's also!

E Love and GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jessica-schuddekopf)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

@rfab that's great! I am actually now bringing my father with me, but I can still meet up with you all. He is fine hanging out at the hotel 🙂

Today I went to sign up for a package via the link in my original post. They will only accept bank transfer, and do not accept credit cards or other forms of payments. I'm feeling weary about that. Did anyone else sign up for a package? Now I'm thinking about finding a hotel on my own and buying the package of tickets.

ReplyQuote
 rfab
(@rfab)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Hi Jessica! I was totally aloof of the package deals they had on the main Antwerp website when making the purchase yesterday. I'd be interested to see what's inside that goody bag! Travelling from London UK, I did a Eurostar + hotel deal which ended up decently priced in a hotel near the train station, though I was able to pay via credit card.

First years living in the UK I was completely turned off with bank transfers as it's not really that common in the US (well at least for my experience at the time), but it's totally normal in the UK and the rest of Europe and everyones bank account number and sort code are literally on their physical bank debit cards (eek, I know!). 

Good luck and happy searching! Generally the hotels look pretty nice in the city centre.

ReplyQuote
(@jessica-schuddekopf)
Spencer's Eye Roll
Topic starter  

@rfab Ok that makes me feel better about bank transfers! But now that I've been looking into hotels, I think I may go that route and pick my own.

ReplyQuote
(@niamh-faller)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Hi Gymnerds - @kelly-wendt I actually was looking into this! I will most likely be going to the Worlds solo too. In my 30s so I might tag along with the the group of 30-something gym fans 🙂

This post was modified 9 months ago by Niamh Faller

ReplyQuote
(@taylor-voelker)
Kindergym

I am going too!!!!  I talked to my husband in to going to Worlds with me by telling him we would go to Italy after. If I had gone on my own I was planning on going to team finals, AA finals and Saturday event finals. Now all I am going to make it to is Team finals because doing a cruise out of Rome the next day.    I now have tickets to US Classic because live four hours away which is a no brainer. I then realized Nationals is the same weekend I am in the Bay Area helping my daughter move so have tickets to finals on Sunday.  And now going to Worlds.  The trifecta!!!  This all started because I wanted to try to go to Paris but decided tickets will be way easier to get for Worlds.

This post was modified 9 months ago by Taylor Voelker

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin

@taylor-voelker Winning 🙌

ReplyQuote
(@julie-margolies)
Spencer's Eye Roll

I'll also be at Worlds and would be thrilled to meet up! I'm an American based in Washington, DC. I'm going to be volunteering during finals but will be viewing qualifications (or most of them - I will miss Saturday morning due to my flight timing). I'm staying at an airbnb, possibly solo but possibly with a friend who I grew up doing gymnastics with. We're both in our 30s and whether it's both of us or just me, would be very excited to make gymnerd friends 🙂

E Love reacted
ReplyQuote
(@niamh-faller)
Spencer's Eye Roll

KK - so excited. I will be attending team and AA finals and booked accommodation. @Gymcastic - are you still looking for volunteers to help out?

ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin

@niamh-faller We haven't finalized anything just yet, so if you're still interested, please contact Shane at events@gymcastic.com

ReplyQuote
(@john-obendorfer)
Kensley's Document Binder

A late 80's/early 90's gymnast here, a college teammate(female)) and I (male)are going in for men's and women's AA finals.  We are SO excited.   It will be a quick trip but always fun to meet likeminded Nerds, if any wants to meet up and do drinks/dinner before or after.  Unfortunately, we will only be there for those two meets. 

ReplyQuote