IN THE NEWS
- The Gabby Tweet Heard ‘Round the World (1:00)
Aly Raismans book, Fierce: How Competing for Myself Changed Everything, was released last week. We talk through all of our feelings about it as a gymternet family.
- Why this is the best gymnastics book ever written for this age group
- USA Gymnastics does not come off well. At all. It’s awesome.
- The post-Olympic tour is a hellscape
- Aly’s experience with Larry Nassar is quite telling about exactly how this went on for so long and the very understandable reasons that victims don’t speak about their experiences
- We need to talk about this mysterious Fran character
- Why the section about nutrition is a MUST-READ for all elite and NCAA coaches and gymnastics parents.
- Seriously. Read it right now. GO!
- Also check out Episode 230 to learn about the WellnessFX program
- All the other sweetest, funniest, standing ovation moments we loved
GYMTERNET NEWS (1:26:45)
- British Gymnastics athletes are taking a stand against the organization!
- Why a group of athletes, including Max Whitlock, Ellie Downie, Amy Tinkler, is currently declining to sign new contracts with British Gymnastics
- The athletes have some very familiar concerns about lack of transparency in terms where the money is going and an overall culture of fear and favoritism
- Why gymnastics needs a union
TUMBL TRAK GIVEAWAY
Send in your story of a funny or embarrassing handstand moment (the more embarrassing the better), and you could win a $200 Tumbl Trak gift certificate!
- Open to Club Gym Nerd members only
- Deadline: December 3rd
- Send your story to email@example.com with the subject line: Tumbl Trak Handstand Story
- The person with the funniest or most hilariously embarrassing handstand story will be chosen as the winner
- To win, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I want the Norbert’s beam” and tell us…that you want the Norbert’s beam
- Deadline: November 25th
- While you visit norberts.net to fantasize about that glorious little beam, check out NORBERTS Gifts For Gymnasts Feature. Order by Dec 1st to receive your item by Dec 24th.
- For a 10% discount enter code “Gymcastic” at checkout when you visit norberts.net.
This episode is brought to you by Spencer’s literal obsession, Simple Contacts. To renew your contact prescription online (in five minutes, without visiting the eye doctor) and order your new contacts, visit simplecontacts.com/gymcastic and use the promo code “gymcastic” to save $30 off your purchase.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 281.5: Aly Raisman Comes Forward As Nassar Victim
- 77: Aly Raisman
- 277.5: McKayla Maroney Alleges Abuse from Nassar
- 187: McKayla Maroney
- 230: The Good News
- 281: Myths, Legends, and Unexpected Moments PART 2 (Commissioned)
- 279: A Diva Is Magical: The Svetlana Khorkina Episode (Commissioned)
- 278: 2000 Sydney All-Around Final (Commissioned)
- 257: The Daniels Report
- 245: Steve Penny is GONE
- 243: Senate Bill 534
- 242: Standards
- 241: The Pittsburgh Incident
- 227: Jane Doe 2 Sues Karolyis
- 221: Jane Doe vs. USAG Doctor
- 163: ENOUGH
- 56: Preventing Abuse in Gymnastics
- 15: Joan Ryan Author of Little Girls in Pretty Boxes