- Who: Jordyn Freakin’ Wieber! Olympic Gold medalist, all-around World Champion, Arkansas head coach… national treasure!
- When: August 19th, Friday–festivities will begin at 11:30 a.m. (EDT)
- Where: At Nationals in Tampa, FL
- Tickets now on sale! The theater is half the size as our last show, so we expect the in-person seats to sell out. So don’t wait.
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes. Club members get 8 extra episodes in August with live coverage from Euros and US Championships.
Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
European Championships Preview
- The women’s competition begins Thursday. Pauline, Kensley, and Deanna will be in the arena bringing you all the details with Behind the Scenes member shows on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Pauline fills us in on the significance of competing at the European Championships and what she thinks of this year’s arena
- The team competition: Previewing the medal frontrunners and the bubble teams fighting to qualify to worlds, including the budding rivalry between Great Britain and Italy, the Ukraine question, and what we’re going to see from the Scandinavians
- Event finals: Pauline tells us which athlete’s progression makes her proud, and we discuss the wide open vault field, the loaded bars field, the Pauline Schäfer of it all, and who broke the floor this week.
- Plus, gymternet news about Indiana and the presence of USAG and the NCAA in the state and NIL deals, and then we make Jessica talk about the soccer a little bit.
- Feedback: Is having a second vault like training a fifth event? Pauline gives us her take and reveals which event in the scariest for her.
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have a Ukraine Fundraiser design, all proceeds go to the CARE Ukraine Crisis fund.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- Donate grips and tape for Ukrainian gymnasts
- Donate to family of Alabama volunteer assistant coach in Ukraine
- To follow the effects of the Russian invasion to Ukraine on gymnastics, go to Gymnovosti
- 2022 US Classic Debrief
- Angular and Strange: The 2022 US Classic Preview
- The Brazil Era
- Farewell, All-Around Standings
- The Judges Go Off
- The New Era: Alicia Sacramone Quinn and Chellsie Memmel lead USAG
- TV’s Biggest Gymnastics Fails
- The Leotard Episode: Part Deux
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN
As a first generation German American, I am so very excited to see Ms. Tratz in the mix! I have loved her since the Rio test event and shouted in joy for every solid routine she competed for UCLA. My husband walked closely by part of the UCLA team at a meet we attended at Oregon State and he was most impressed by Pauline and Kyla as he is a fan of taller women, haha. I hope Pulla’s time reporting for Gymcastic is as enjoyable for her as it will be for me!
Finland is a Nordic country but it’s not part of Scandinavia, which only consists of Norway, Sweden & Denmark.
Love Paulines inside not only into gymnastics as a former elite and NCAA gymnast but also as a european. As a german myself I’m so happy to see her here. She should cover more european gymnastics for you like kensley does with men. if she want’s to. love from deutschland.