LI LI LEUNG (1:38)
- The new USAG President and CEO is Li Li Leung formerly a vice president at the NBA.
- We evaluate whether or not she is the right choice for USAG (another *cough* marketer *eye roll* and of course analyze, her actual gymnastics.
- Here are some of the former junior elite and University of Michigan gymnast’s routines FX, BB.
NCAA NEWS (19:40)
- Crack or correct
- Gymnasts are NINJAS (37:40)
- Womp womp news
- The Toni-Ann Williams injury that’s NOT FAIR
- Spencer takes issue with UCLA’s alleged pride meet
- Safety (59:45)
- The NCAA responds to our questions about safety and equipment failures
GYMTERNET NEWS (1:06:19)
- Dan Purvis announces his retirement
- GYMNASTICS IS FOR EVERYONE, screams Jessica
- Utah Gymnastics: Red Rocks Retrospective
- Kenzo can do a piked Arabian double to a punch front double full. OF COURSE!
- Gymnastics Canada launches probe after former coach acquitted in sex assault trial
- The Tokyo 2020 Olympic medals will be made from recycled electronics, a.k.a. our chance to get excited about the 2020 opening ceremony
WINTER CUP (1:16:53)
- Day 1 and the WINTER CUP OF SPLATS – we relive the best falls
- Who made national team? Was it based on reality and results, or…nah?
- Kensley and Spencer discuss NT snubs (Levi Anderson! Eddie Penev!), the epic importance of athletic goggles, tired old pommel horse narratives, and what the point of having a points system is if you just ignore it because it’s so dumb
- What is the criteria for being sent to individual Olympic qualification world cups? (Spoiler alert: ¯\_(?)_/¯)
CHRISTY LINDER AND DEANNA HONG
- We talk to Christy (1:56:33) and Deanna (1:39:43) about becoming a professional photographer/videographer in gymnastics, what they’ve learned on the job, the specific coverage challenges gymnastics presents, how to be athlete respectful, and how we stop gymnastics articles from choosing the WORST photos of leaps.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Monday Live Blog – February 18, 2019
- Sunday Live Blog – February 17, 2019
- Saturday Live Blog – February 16, 2019
- Friday Live Blog – February 15, 2019
- Things Are Happening – February 15, 2019
- Only the Best – Week 6
- Week 6 Ranking Notes
- 351: Rosé Then Slay
- 350: There Are No Rules in This House
- 349: The Stick Stick and the Money Gun
- 348: Break the Beam, Literally
- 347: The Michigan Mess & the Viral Queen
- 346: Peng Is Here!