Photo: Indiana State University
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded (pre-edits with all the flubs and hiccups) and see video of the routines we discuss. *Note that the preview of the Orozco interview is not in the video this week but you can listen to it at the 00: 36:44 time stamp in the audio version.
- Kurt Thomas, 1978 and 1979 world champion, died of a stroke at age 64. We discuss his legacy.
- More athletes detail stories of racism in college gymnastics—what Alabama’s Tia Kiaku, Auburn gymnasts Kennedy Finister and Telah Black, Florida’s Kytra Hunter, and Nebraska’s Ashley Lambert said this week
- European Championships have been rescheduled for December in Baku. Jessica is concerned for COVID reasons. Spencer is concerned for rule-consistency reasons. Kensley is optimistic. No one is surprised by any of this.
- The FIG published the new, official Olympic qualification rules for 2021
- The retirements of Courtney McGregor, Senna Deriks, and most of Romania
- Which US elites have decided to keep training for Tokyo
- NCAA transfer news for Addy De Jesus, Bailey Ferrer, and Mercedes Sanchez
- Problems with the FBI, NCAA, and Kathy Klages, as per usual, and a coach suspension at Chelsea Piers
- Nile Wilson released a documentary on his battle with addiction and mental health—we watched and have thoughts
- Plus, feedback on Alexis Brown, why the gymternet didn’t come for Sam Mikulak like it did for Ashton, and sports’ exploitation of black athletes
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!