[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section” _builder_version=”3.22″][et_pb_row admin_label=”row” _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” _builder_version=”3.27.4″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”]
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see video clips of the gymnastics while we discuss.Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- We have a commissioned episode all about Aly! A Club Gym Nerd member asked for a deep dive into the gymnastics and activism career of one of the true champions of the sport, our beloved Aly Raisman. We discuss
- Consistency and muscles and cardio (and tugboats for some reason)
- Owning things we thought about Aly when we first saw her as a junior elite that turned out to be false
- Her 2010 American Cup performance and what that beam routine told us about Aly
- The “mini-Alicia” years, and when she broke out to establish her own identity
- The 2012 Olympics, an AA tiebreak, and a beam petition
- The lie of “she’ll never get those scores internationally”
- Behind the scenes memories of Aly at competitions
- 1.5 to double Arabian to layout. We gush for a while, and discuss why no one else has done it
- The comeback, and why her final competition was also her best one
- The post-gymnastics years, her platform, her activism, her quest for justice and commitment to sending monsters to prison and getting receipts
- What is Aly’s ultimate legacy?
- Aly Raisman’s Darkness To Light Training for adults
- Regional Championships – Schedule and Links March 29, 2021
- Keeping Up with the Cool GIFs – Conference Championships March 23, 2021
- Top Scores of Conference Championships March 23, 2021
- 2021 Regionals Draw March 22, 2021
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd or buy a gift membership for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!
- Click the image below to shop
THE FLIGHT SERIES
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_comments _builder_version=”4.4.1″][/et_pb_comments][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”4.4.1″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.4.1″][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”4.4.1″][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]
On one hand stand for “during the competition emotions are emotions, manifest them however you want, not however “they” tell you to” and then go on and make fun of the face of a woman who just lost a medal after working towards it for years and years and years.
Not nice, Spencer, not nice. You did the same during your live coverage of the London BB final. It makes me see you as a bunch of mean girls. If you like the gymnast you preach this woke narative about her, if you don’t, she’s just a sour faced loser.
I would really love to see this double Arabian punch front full