Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see video clips of the gymnastics while we discuss.Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- We have a commissioned episode all about Aly! A Club Gym Nerd member asked for a deep dive into the gymnastics and activism career of one of the true champions of the sport, our beloved Aly Raisman. We discuss
- Consistency and muscles and cardio (and tugboats for some reason)
- Owning things we thought about Aly when we first saw her as a junior elite that turned out to be false
- Her 2010 American Cup performance and what that beam routine told us about Aly
- The “mini-Alicia” years, and when she broke out to establish her own identity
- The 2012 Olympics, an AA tiebreak, and a beam petition
- The lie of “she’ll never get those scores internationally”
- Behind the scenes memories of Aly at competitions
- 1.5 to double Arabian to layout. We gush for a while, and discuss why no one else has done it
- The comeback, and why her final competition was also her best one
- The post-gymnastics years, her platform, her activism, her quest for justice and commitment to sending monsters to prison and getting receipts
- What is Aly’s ultimate legacy?
- Aly Raisman’s Darkness To Light Training for adults
- Regional Championships – Schedule and Links March 29, 2021
- Keeping Up with the Cool GIFs – Conference Championships March 23, 2021
- Top Scores of Conference Championships March 23, 2021
- 2021 Regionals Draw March 22, 2021
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd or buy a gift membership for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!
- Click the image below to shop
THE FLIGHT SERIES
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN