7 Posts
6 Users
3 Likes
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin
Topic starter  

Women's All-Around Final

To submit a question before the show you can do it here or e-mail GymCastic@gmail.com. Many times listeners wish to keep their identity private and e-mail is the best way to request that; also, listeners might want to surprise their fellow gym nerds with their stories/questions by having them be read for the first time on the show. This forum is merely another avenue to submit your question/comments... not the only one. To submit a question during the live show, click on the video title, which will take you to YouTube. While the recording is live YouTube has a sidebar with a field to submit questions.

Topic Tags
(@goldieflips)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Can we recognize Ellie Black for bringing energy, expression, and musicality on floor?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@leah-dobres)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

If Jade had theoretically hopped off the beam when she noticed the drip during the team final, would she have been penalized for it? Would that be considered an equipment malfunction that would constitute a re-do? 

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@damien-bird)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

I want to preface this to say I"m not criticizing the athletes, bc they are all amazing....this is a JUDGING question/comment...I'm seeing soooo many ppl on Twitter saying Jess was overscored and Ellie, Jade or even Alice should've been bronze. I'd love for you to do a deep dive as much as possible on E scores from today and do you agree or disagree. As much as I love Ellie, I do often feel like her E scores are high. There's a lot of 'feet and knees' in her gymnastics. Same with Jade. I felt Jess was pretty clean on floor. Is Ellie's 8.333 E on floor more or less outrageous than Jess's 8.4 E?!? Should Ellie have had the highest E on bars of the top 10?!? Who should've been highest E on beam? Jess won that one and that didn't feel quite right. Discuss! 🙂

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@damien-bird)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

With Rebecca kind of being the 'Simone' of this quad, with huge D and E, I disagree that Jade chose the correct strategy today in playing it safe on beam and not doing her series. She does not have a strong enough E score capability to sacrifice D score. UB and BB are 'weak' for her, she has to go for it to get on the podium on the World stage. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Christina C

ReplyQuote
(@lizzie-morgan)
Kindergym

I can’t with the BBC commentators anymore. I honestly don’t know how Christine puts up with Matt and Craig, they are the absolute worst.
I made my parents watch the entire competition and by the end they too were shouting at the tv telling them to shut up. What is it with tv commentators?! 

ReplyQuote
do the voronin hop
(@kf)
Kensley's Document Binder

@damien-bird I agree with you re: Ellie.  I can only assume she is getting minimal deductions for flow, rhythm, expression, etc, that counterbalance the deductions for lack of leg extension & toe-point.  Ditto Jessica Gadirova on beam, who - apart from the arm wave on the wolf turn and the step-back on a v high dismount - was pretty solid.

That said, some of the comments re: Jessica Gadirova's E-scores and judging bias were awful.  It was especially disappointing to see them from high-profile commentators who should know better than to further encourage the hideous pile-on that grew after the AA final.

ReplyQuote