EXTRA CLUB CONTENT
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the video version of the show, join us for live podcasts once a week, get extended and early releases of interviews, and have early access to live show tickets. Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
Vanessa Atler is Here!
- We get her honest takes on what skills are actually pretty easy, what skills…don’t look the best, and what skills have impressed her so far this NCAA season: from front aerials to 2 feet, to back handspring fulls, to gainers, and yes…bars elements.
- Would she teach someone her old floor routines if they wanted to do a tribute? (Do itttttttt)
- The GymCastic NCAA Team Matchmaking Service: We use our scientifically patented, NASA-tested, 8-tier system to match Vanessa to her perfect NCAA team
- We discuss Ellie Downie’s retirement, how many bone chips is too many bone chips, the newest chapter in the storied tale of Jordan Chiles beam covers, and Madi Dagen understanding the assignment
- Plus, NCAA gymnastics having its quarter-season crisis, a dive deep into what actually counts as a stick, and whether what happens out of bounds stays out of bounds
- All the gymternet news on Livvy Dunne, Bailey Ferrer, and Li Li’s response to the USAG host city controversy
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have a Ukraine Fundraiser design, all proceeds go to the CARE Ukraine Crisis fund.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- Vanessa Atler TikTok , Instagram
- Olivia (Livvy) Dunne interview
- Heath Thorpe floor video
- Can You Count to 3?
- College & Cocktails: Arkansas at Auburn
- College & Cocktails: Dial 1-800-Kazakhstan
- College Gymnastics Is Back
- College & Cocktails: Auburn at Florida
- Project K Episode 2
- Project K Episode 1
- Sitting in Pits Made of Mattresses
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim