Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see video clips of the gymnastics while we discuss.
Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
2000 Olympic Trials
This week, we have a group commission from Brianna, Stephanie, Atwood, Laura, Karla, and Emma, all about [deep breath] the collective nightmare that was the 2000 Olympic Trials. We discuss:
- The breaking news that there actually was official selection criteria, and it was technically followed.
- The significance of 2000 Trials as the worst thing that has ever happened ever, the controversy of the selection process, the low point this represented in athlete-first commentary, and just…the Bela of it all
- Shannon’s comeback
- What if Atler had been able to compete on the “new” vault?
- The way the commentators talk about Alyssa Beckerman
- The infamous Rybacki fluff piece
- DLO + Punch front
- Shannon’s vault injury
- BEIGE DRAPES
- Steve Nunno’s performance piece
- The Moceanu sadness forest
- Why they selected the team they did, and was it the right call?
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd or buy a gift membership for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too! And Pride gear!
The hate that Alyssa Beckerman gets from Jssica since the miss val situation is insane.