Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see video clips of the gymnastics while we discuss.
OLYMPIC TRIALS CONTROVERSIES
- This week, we have a commission from Club Gym Nerd member Jasmine, who asked for an episode on the history of US Olympic Trials—how teams were selected and all the major scandals. And there have been plenty.
- 1980 – Olympic boycott hypocrisy and what happens when gymnasts tie for the last spot? (Or have alligators?)
- 1984 – The case of Dianne Durham and the Olympic petition
- 1988 – The Perils of Rank Order: The Early Years
- 1992 – The back-room meeting that kept Kim Kelly off the Olympic team
- 1996 – Only controversial if you’re a Forster?
- 2000 – Atler. Nuff said.
- The Martha Years – Were teams really chosen months in advance?
- Plus, we make our proposals for an ideal Olympic team selection process for the United States
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd or buy a gift membership for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Behind the Scenes: Kensley’s Wedding
- Behind The Scenes After Olympic Trials
- We Have Olympic Teams! Olympic Trials Day Two for Men & Women
- Live From Olympic Trials: Men & Women Day One
- Behind The Scenes: Post-Championships Debrief
- Behind The Scenes: Day Two US Women’s Championships 2021
- Behind The Scenes: Day One US Women’s Championships 2021
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too! And Pride gear!