Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see video clips of the gymnastics while we discuss.
Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- From Jay: A mini-commission on America’s most enduring gymnast of the 1980-1984 era: Julianne McNamara. We discuss her status as the only American Olympic bars champion, her five 10.0s from the 1984 Olympics, the excellence of her compulsory bars routine, whether she would have won at a fully attended Olympics, and why more people should do her eponymous skill.
- From Sue: Imagine a gymnast-led revolt a la Stick It in support of Morgan Hurd not being advanced to Olympic Trials. We discuss the chances something like this could actually happen, then go full fan fiction on how it could have played out. Plus Jessica describes the time she actually tried to make a gymnastics revolt happen.
- The latest casting news for the GOAT Tour and Dancing with the Stars
- A timber company bought the Karolyi Ranch. Oh, that’s too bad.
- College gymnastics: Who’s coaching where? Who’s switching their commitment to where? Who’s getting money from whom? What’s the latest jerk-face nonsense?
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd or buy a gift membership for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Behind the Scenes: Kensley’s Wedding
- Behind The Scenes After Olympic Trials
- We Have Olympic Teams! Olympic Trials Day Two for Men & Women
- Live From Olympic Trials: Men & Women Day One
- Behind The Scenes: Post-Championships Debrief
- Behind The Scenes: Day Two US Women’s Championships 2021
- Behind The Scenes: Day One US Women’s Championships 2021
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too! And Pride gear!
- Tokyo Olympics Recap
- Tokyo Olympics: The Final Day
- Tokyo Olympics: Women’s All-Around Final
- Tokyo Olympics: Women’s Team Final
- Tokyo Olympics: Men’s All-Around Final
- Tokyo Olympics: Women’s Qualifying
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN