We begin this week with a visit back to the land of dumpster fires. Louise Radnofsky has a piece for the WSJ on how information about the Nassar investigation was withheld from Simone—and information that Simone was a likely victim was in turn withheld from the FBI.
We delve into the predictably terrible things we learn about Steve Penny and why information like this is still trickling out three years later, with further reporting from Scott Reid at the OC Register on the behavior of the FBI and how many holes there still are in our understanding of the FBI’s failures.
COTTBUS WORLD CUP
Now to the fun part! The 5th of 8 events in the apparatus Olympic qualification series is now complete, and we discuss
- Does the FIG understand its own Olympic qualification rules?
- Andrea Maldonado debuted a FRONT TRIPLE FULL and got it named after herself
- Hidetaka Miyachi isn’t real, and how the demon spirit of Epke’s sinuses disrupted the HB final
- Yu Linmin, Maria Paseka, and the state of the “Jade Carey spot”
- Whose Olympic hopes are on life support, the return of Claudia Fragapane, sighRomania, and Spencer has some unacceptable, disgusting heresy to spout about Marta Pihan-Kulesza.
- Japanese gymnasts you might not know but need to: Urara Ashikawa (who beat Li Qi) and Kazuki Minami
- General weird observations about Hayden Skinner’s floor run, Stephen Nedoroscik’s devastating lack of goggles, justice for Emma Nedov, which MAG vaulter is “well hung,” a unique Little Red Riding Hood performance, and that time Jessica thought Teja Belak did an Amanar which makes Spencer exhibit joy for the very first time.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- NCAA Gym Fix
- Cottbus Live Blog – Finals Day 2
- Cottbus Live Blog – Finals Day 1
- Things Are Happening – November 22, 2019
- Cottbus Olympic Qualifier – Day 2 Review
- Cottbus Olympic Qualifier – Day 1 Review
- Freshman Feature: Secret Weapons
- Freshman Feature: Utah, Cal, Alabama
- Freshman Feature: UCLA & Georgia
- 402: 1984 NCAA Championships (Commissioned)
- 401: The Forster House Rules
- 400: 2024 Fantasy Compulsories (Commissioned)
- 399: CHUSO! (Commissioned)
- 382: 2020 Olympic Qualification with Prof. Spencer