- Simone casually has all her skills back because Simone.
- Do we think the Aly/Gabby/Simone twitter victim-shame debacle compelled Gabby to come forward with her story? And does it change how we view her comments?
- Simone will be 23 in 2020. Gasp. What journalists are STILL getting wrong about age and women’s gymnastics!
- IT’S THE MEXICAN OPEN GALA EVERYONE!!!!!!!
- Ponor gives her farewell gala performances on beam and floor and they’re AH-MAZING
- If this truly is the end for Ponor, what is her legacy in gymnastics?
- But also:
- Manrique twerks and Jessica expects more
- LOTS of innuendos about working poles. LOTS.
- Ahmet Onder, Joel Plata, and the importance of men stripping for our enjoyment, even when it’s a #stripteasefail
- Michael Jackson impersonations. Like you do.
- That thing where you have a shirtless cowboy duel and then sit astride the pommel horse and slap it so hard chalk flies off
- The award for worst/best use of Kevin Cerda in a Lucha Libre tribute
- An elaborate satire of white people
- Jessica details how to make Yesenia Ferrera into a world floor champ. (Hint: it’s conditioning)
- Elite Gym Massilia
- Cottbus World Cup
- Miyachi, Bretschneider, calculated risk, and the triumph of Marvin “NO LONGER HOT MESS” Kimble on high bar
- China has another one on PBars, and his name is Tan Di.
- Chuso wins her 11th Cottbus vault title because obviously
- Wang Cenyu is gorgeous on beam, but why such a short routine?
- The future of Russian floor is Lilia Akhaimova‘s huge, strong tumbling and Maria Kharenkova‘s rebirth!
- Larry Nassar pleaded guilty to seven counts of sexual assault and his statement was just as despicable as his everything else about him.
- Up next: MSU.
- British Gymnastics suspends men’s technical director Eddie van Hoof
- Laura Jurca is leaving Romania for Germany
- The FIG finally comes to its senses about naming skills after women!
- Fabian Hambiceps stuck a high bar dismount for the last time
- Chiaki Hatakeda is doing a QUAD on floor. A QUAD YOU GUYS!
- Plus, we answer your feedback about college fantasy gymnastics, gymnerd dating services, and positive changes at TOPS camp!
This week’s show is brought to you by Lovepop. Unlock special pricing for 5 or more cards AND get free shipping on any order by going to Lovepop.com/gymcastic.
We have a winner in our $200 Tumbl Trak gift certificate giveaway!
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- Join Club Gym Nerd here.
- Buy one of our awesome goodies here.
- Use our Amazon link to shop for anything!
- December 4th – December 8th: TeePublic Sitewide Sale! All Tees $14!
- 282: GymCastic Book Club Fierce, by Aly Raisman
- 281.5: Aly Raisman Comes Forward As Nassar Victim
- 281: Myths, Legends, and Unexpected Moments PART 2 (Commissioned)
- 280: Comeback Season!
- 279: A Diva Is Magical: The Svetlana Khorkina Episode (Commissioned)
- 278: 2000 Sydney All-Around Final (Commissioned)
- 277.5: McKayla Maroney Alleges Abuse from Nassar
- 277: Post-Worlds Therapy Session