LIVE SHOW TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
Remember: Tickets to our live show from NCAA nationals—the Flipping Four After Party presented by Tumbl Trak —go on sale to the general public on Wednesday March 6th. Get ’em while they’re hot.
- (2:30) L’International Gymnix — the Montreal floor strikes AGAIN
- We break it down moment-by-moment, try to get a redo for special Belgians, and discuss Alyona Shchennikova almost tumbling into some dude
- Kara Eaker wins the AA, Shchennikova does the best DTY she has ever done, and what happens when a front tuck on beam is too high to function
- Lilly Lippeatt’s WOW floor combo
- (19:18) Russian Nationals!
- Luba from Gymnovosti is here to fill us in on all the goodies from last week’s Russian Championship of Splats—who won, who fell, who won AND fell
- Who made the European Championships team (for now), and why it wasn’t Aliya despite ALIYA
- The returns of Paseka and Eremina, how Daria Belousova made Jessica into a prophet, and the most important news of all—our annual Tatiana Nabieva update
- What happened to Artur Dalaloyan on the men’s side, Nikita Nagornyy’s near sweep, and that time the Rodionenkos retired Kuksenkov without his permission because of course they did
- All the horrible things Valentina said this time
- (47:18) Liubou Charkashyna, president of the FIG Athletes Commission, said American abuse survivors are in it for the money. Well fab.
- Meanwhile the FIG suspended a coach for behavior toward an athlete for the first time (we think)
- That time Aliya gently ushered a furry out of the way
(54:59) GYMTERNET NEWS
- Rebeca Andrade’s bars routine is everything
- USAG is now using professional security as chaperones for the women’s team
- Jessica has homework assignments for our listeners
- The Landis haven’t been paid from Doha, GreatCoach.com has a full list of banned coaches, 2 MSU trainers lied to police, and the Michigan AG has taken over the Geddert investigation
- The coaching news out of Bowling Green and Central Michigan
- A rankings update (DENVER?!) and the race for the evening sessions at conference championships. Plus, the important ranking echelons in the new postseason format—and who’s on the cusp of missing out
- All the scoring records (and there were a lot) broken this weekend
- The senior day 10: Sweet or condescending?
- Nothing is a deduction anymore: The UCLA/Stanford meet
- Ranking Watch: Week 10
- Sunday Live Blog – March 10, 2019
- Saturday Live Blog – March 9, 2019
- Friday Live Blog – March 8, 2019
- Things Are Happening – March 8, 2019
- Team-by-Team Scoring Records
- Only the Best – NCAA Week 9
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 354: American Cup and Jesolo Explosion
- 353: The Carol Address and Olly Hogben
- 352: The Rachel Borden Appreciation Episode (and other things about gymnastics)
- 351: Rosé Then Slay
- 350: There Are No Rules in This House
- 303: Pac Rims and Mustafina’s Return!