Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded (pre-edits with all the flubbubbs and hiccups) and see video of the routines we discuss.
2000 TEAM FINAL
This week’s episode was commissioned by Club Gym Nerd member Casey because “it’s all fun and games until Russia goes to beam.” We discuss:
- Vault conspiracy theories. Was the vault also set incorrectly in the team final?
- Everything on beam is a Shushunova. We fight about it.
- The US team getting locked out of the arena and what it symbolizes
- Support, refute, or qualify: “Romania wins with boring gymnastics.”
- The concept of Maria Olaru
- Khorkina’s vaulting, Leonardo Da Vinci, and pumpernickel
- The importance of Liu Xuan and Ling Jie on floor
- Russia. Beam. It happened. We need to talk about it
- Dong Fangxiao’s age and the stripping of China’s bronze
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd for access to Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have masks too!
- 434: Svetlana Khorcanceled
- 433: Weirdest Gymnastics Exhibitions of the 90s (Commissioned)
- 432: #GymnastAlliance
- Best of GymCastic: The Leotard Episode
- 431: 2003 Team Final (Commissioned)