We have edited our discussion of Jordan’s floor routine story, not Jordan’s quote. Why did we do this? Because there were too many misinterpretations of our discussion online. We have heard from USAG that staff are receiving threats. We find this abhorrent! To be crystal clear: The input Jordan received was not from a person within USAG, which we have confirmed. Jordan said “it wasn’t USA” and “not…USAG”.
USAG informed us they first learned of the suggested routine change when we shared the clip on the podcast.
In our commentary following Jordan’s statements, we were not trying to blame anyone indirectly involved. We were attempting to highlight the lessons from the BLM movement.
Jordan is very excited about her new routine and we have no doubt she will bring all of herself into the routine when it’s performed.
We will share more thoughts on our shows Friday’s College & Cocktails and Monday’s episode.
This week Jessica is in Texas for US National Team Camp. We went live (right here, on the page) to get her report from interviews and watching practice. Here’s how to ask questions live. Can’t make it live? Add GymCastic exclusives to your favorite podcast player? Instructions here. Login and the exclusive members feed will appear below.
Not a member? Join here.
No video yet? Keep refreshing
National Team Camp
- Jordan Chiles explains why she was made to change her floor routine last year
- We discuss basically every move Simone and Suni made, and dive into where Suni’s D score would rank with her new beam mount combination
- Plus, Shilese Jones showed her layout Jaeger, progress reports on athletes coming back from injury, and which gymnasts are already in full “we’re not going for no city championships” mode
- Key interview moments with Chellsie and Alicia about artistry and the Olympic selection procedures
- LSU broke the vaulting table and then program record, Oklahoma tied the NCAA bars record, and we discuss vault direction lines and whether it’s possible to for a 10 to retain its “special” if you can get it every week
More With Club Gym Nerd
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind The Scenes episodes, dedications, mini-commissions and group commissions
- Club Gym Nerd members get access to all of our exclusive extended interviews, Behind The Scenes and College & Cocktails episodes.
- More goodies:
- Live Show Virtual Season Pass
- 2024 College & Cocktails menu (including cocktails of course)
- GymCastic newsletters
- GymCastic Fantasy Gymnastics League
- Merch: clothing and gifts for the gymnast or gymnastics fan in your life and even “tapestries” (banners perfect to display in an arena) to support your favorite gymnast
RESOURCES & CITATIONS
- NCAA Power Ranking – January 26, 2024
- Spencer’s The Balance Beam Situation
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim
- Follow the effects of the Russian invasion to Ukraine at Gymnovosti
- The Highest D scores from The Gymternet
- Men’s Gymnastics coverage from Kensley Neutral Deductions
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN HERE