We want your opinion! Tell us what you think here.
EXTRA CLUB CONTENT
Club Gym Nerd members can watch the video version of the show, join us for live podcasts once a week, get extended and early releases of interviews, and have early access to live show tickets. Please login to your Club Gym Nerd account to listen and/or watch this episode. Not a member? Join here.
- There was a special guest at the women’s national team camp this week. How do we feel about this? And what do we hope was said?
- Morgan Hurd discussed her potentially misdiagnosed knee injury in the run up to the Tokyo Olympics.
- Bart Deurloo announced his retirement. We pay tribute.
NCAA Week 5
- Friday featured the most 10s given out in a single day in college gymnastics in 19 years. Spencer is……going to be fine.
- We discuss which 10s might have been the realest, the problem with going stick-blind, and bring Correct or Corrupt to a possible 10 that wasn’t.
- Plus, feedback on how judges get assigned to meets, how receipts would change everything, the judging of Suni’s vault, and when/why handstands became the be-all, end-all of bars
- Jessica has some awards of the week, an ode to Jordan Chiles, a score protest to honor, and some ideas for future post-routine celebrations
JOIN CLUB GYM NERD
- Join Club Gym Nerd (or give it as a gift!) for access to weekly Behind the Scenes episodes.
- Club Gym Nerd members can watch the podcast being recorded and see some of the gymnastics we discuss, plus get access to all of our exclusive interviews and Behind The Scenes episodes.
- Week One of College & Cocktails: The Friday Night NCAA Gymnastics Post-Meet Show is available to sample (even if you aren’t a Club Gym Nerd member yet). Watch or listen here.
- Buy our awesome clothing and gifts here.
- We have a Ukraine Fundraiser design, all proceeds go to the CARE Ukraine Crisis fund.
RELATED EPISODES & RESOURCES
- College & Cocktails: UCLA at Utah
- What Happens in the Air, Stays in the Air
- NCAA Gymnastics with Vanessa Atler
- College & Cocktails: Minnesota at Iowa with Evan Heiter
- Can You Count to 3?
- College & Cocktails: Arkansas at Auburn
- College & Cocktails: Dial 1-800-Kazakhstan
- College Gymnastics Is Back
- College & Cocktails: Auburn at Florida
- Project K Episode 2
- Project K Episode 1
- Sitting in Pits Made of Mattresses
- Gymnastics History and Code of Points Archive from Uncle Tim