7 Posts
7 Users
2 Likes
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin
Topic starter  

Day 2 Event Finals

To submit a question before the show you can do it here or e-mail GymCastic@gmail.com. Many times listeners wish to keep their identity private and e-mail is the best way to request that; also, listeners might want to surprise their fellow gym nerds with their stories/questions by having them be read for the first time on the show. This forum is merely another avenue to submit your question/comments... not the only one. To submit a question during the live show, click on the video title, which will take you to YouTube. While the recording is live YouTube has a sidebar with a field to submit questions.

You will be able to watch the show live: TK

(@nicole-gray)
Kindergym User

I would love your opinion on what you think about team selection since Simone had the twisties. 

ReplyQuote
(@maggie-zeman)
Kindergym User

Question for Kensley - why are there way less Yurchenkos with men? I keep meaning to ask! It seems to be a world of Tsuks and handspring entries.

Question for Jessica - if you HAD to break the brilliant tie...who's your pick?

ReplyQuote
(@jessica-rotteveel)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

Jade got a medal, Jade got a medal. That is 6 for 6 for USA. 

also stoked for Murakami Mai and the first Japanese woman medal IN TOKYO, Vanessa Ferrari and her first medal at an Olympics, as well as all other medalists. 

now to look toward tomorrow, I am not normally one for superstitions or for implying what anyone should wear (outside of young children in my care and even that is like wear bottoms maybe). But I say we petition our glorious goat Simone to wear the blue Leo with candy cane stripes. It seems to be good luck (Suni won AA, Jade won Floor, Skinner medaled in vault) and though she doesn’t need luck it can’t hurt at this point.

ReplyQuote
(@sarah-bogen)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Men's vault question (applies to women too) - My understanding is that a Tsuk-style vault begins with a forward takeoff from the board and a half-turn onto the table. I noticed that most of the "Tsuk" vaults today looked more like quarter-turns onto the table....so much so that I Googled the definition to make sure I had the right definition. Is this a common technique to use? Why do we see it so often? How large is the deduction? At what point does a Tsuk stop being a Tsuk for having incorrect entry?

ReplyQuote
Kathryn Foessel
(@kathryn-foessel)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

I’m so annoyed about the way NBC is handling the broadcasts. I was at work and couldn’t watch this morning, and they don’t show every thing at night! ugh!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@david-smith-8418)
Kindergym

Is Jade’s dad in Tokyo with her? Why won’t NBC mention this? 🙄 🙄 

ReplyQuote