10 Posts
8 Users
7 Likes
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin
Topic starter  

MAG Qualifications

To submit a question before the show you can do it here or e-mail GymCastic@gmail.com. Many times listeners wish to keep their identity private and e-mail is the best way to request that; also, listeners might want to surprise their fellow gym nerds with their stories/questions by having them be read for the first time on the show. This forum is merely another avenue to submit your question/comments... not the only one. To submit a question during the live show, click on the video title, which will take you to YouTube. While the recording is live YouTube has a sidebar with a field to submit questions.

You will be able to watch the show live: here.

(@bailey_formergymnast)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

My mother and I were wondering, in the history books/ when these Olympics are talked about in the future, will they be referred to as the 2020 Olympics or the 2021 Olympics? I've noticed in the arena it says Tokyo 2020.

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bailey_formergymnast)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

Is Jade going to do the triple double layout? Also what do you think about it being valued a K?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@victoria-mccullouch)
Kindergym

Nastia’s agents posted about Jade being represented by them. Is it for a NIL contract or did she end up going pro?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@victoria-mccullouch)
Kindergym

Also toms FB post today said the alternates trained in a town an hour away from the main team - didn’t they train all together until the main team moved to be closer to the village a few days ago?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@felicia-girardi)
Kensley's Document Binder

How long do you anticipate the stream of MAG & WAG finals to be?  Also - what about AA finals?  I need to “disappear” from work for the appropriate time to watch…..work will have to wait….we all have our priorities

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kathryn-tune)
Kindergym User

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question, I'm super new to MAG and have been more of a casual fan of gymnastics in the past - but getting to know more due to your awesome podcast! Why do different gymnast wear different combinations of pants/shorts/socks for different events? Is there any rhyme or reason, or is it just preference? 

This post was modified 3 years ago by kltune

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@marygcurry)
Kindergym

(If you happen to read this on the show, I'd prefer to remain anonymous.)

On the BTS for men's podium training, Jessica started to mention something about Brody's maybe injury/maybe not injury and then the conversation switched topics before she could finish. What was the update (if there is one)? Thanks so much for your tireless coverage!

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Mary Curry

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
Sorator
(@sorator)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Posted by: @kathryn-tune

Sorry in advance if this is a silly question, I'm super new to MAG and have been more of a casual fan of gymnastics in the past - but getting to know more due to your awesome podcast! Why do different gymnast wear different combinations of pants/shorts/socks for different events? Is there any rhyme or reason, or is it just preference? 

In case they don't answer on the podcast: I believe they wear the shorts for floor and vault, and pants for the other events. I'm not entirely sure of the reasoning, but it's something about the other events being more in the air and higher risk of the shorts riding up, or something like that? (Because heaven forbid we see their thighs; that's only okay for the women! /s)

ReplyQuote
(@tumble)
Kindergym User

@sorator its because men have, well, very noticeable external genitalia, whereas women do not

ReplyQuote