29 Posts
20 Users
14 Likes
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin
Topic starter  

WAG Qualifications

To submit a question before the show you can do it here or e-mail GymCastic@gmail.com. Many times listeners wish to keep their identity private and e-mail is the best way to request that; also, listeners might want to surprise their fellow gym nerds with their stories/questions by having them be read for the first time on the show. This forum is merely another avenue to submit your question/comments... not the only one. To submit a question during the live show, click on the video title, which will take you to YouTube. While the recording is live YouTube has a sidebar with a field to submit questions.

WAG Qualifications Live blog: here.

You will be able to watch the show live: TK

(@bella-gymfan)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

Top three favorite leotards from Women's Qualification 🙂

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
 Pia
(@life_of_pia)
Kensley's Document Binder

Jessica - you mentioned you weren't at the hotel that you'd booked. Are you at the same hotel as Lauren still?

ReplyQuote
(@amanda-stumpff)
Kindergym

Not so much a question, but an observation. I absolutely loved the Peacock documentary, Golden. Jessica was fabulous and I loved hearing Spencer in the final episode. At the very end, they showed a beautiful lake with some mountains in the background and they had it on screen for about 15 seconds after the credits. And I thought for all of us gym fans, how wonderful it would be if up in the corner of that lake, they had Bella, in that boat he had built with his own two hands, rowing around in a circle, you know, just for old time sake 😂 I love everything you guys do and I’m so excited to finally be part of the Gymcastic  community!

Mandy Stumpff

ReplyQuote
(@olabisi-odumade)
Kindergym User

What happens if Jade and Mykayla get the same E score on vault. What’s the tie breaker?

ReplyQuote
(@sofia-zubkova)
Kindergym User

How much time off will gymnast take before they start to train again? Can Simone take a whole year off considering next olympics are in 3 years? 

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
Sorator
(@sorator)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Is there a deduction for shuffling your hands around on bars? I noticed the D'Amatos scooting over to one side before doing turns and it just struck me as kinda odd and *probably* not a deduction, but I wanted to ask.

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
Sorator
(@sorator)
Spencer's Eye Roll

Can you talk a bit, if you haven't yet, about Sugihara's vault vs Mai's first vault? I know vault scoring is whack, but those two back-to-back really seemed to illustrate it.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-brown)
Kindergym User

Does anyone else feel bad for the one person teams who do kind of not well at all? We're talking multiple falls, competing vaults the US seems to only do in warm ups, etc.  That would be soul crushing to be falling off the beam for your second time as Italy whips around high scores behind you. They made it so far, and yet, I'm not sure how.

ReplyQuote
(@andrea-hassel)
Kindergym

At USA Nationals and Olympic Trials, the floor covering seemed to be carpet bonded foam.     However, they have a carpeted floor in Tokyo.     Was there a change or why did they used CBF in the USA, which is not typical for a national meet?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@happy7698)
Kindergym

Piggybacking off the floor question above, I was wondering why there are actually 3 sections of floor. I know we generally have "lines" or "seams" when we compete and train as mere mortals in Xcel, but I don't recall ever seeing a major eilte competition have anything but one seamless piece of carpet or whatever material is used....

ReplyQuote
(@happy7698)
Kindergym

@bella-gymfan there's only one and she was in the first subdivision as an individual - it was blue and had the most beautiful design in crystals. I tried to back up the feed I was watching, but it had changed to Sub 2 and wouldn't let me go back to get her name. She started on floor I believe. But anyway, that one is absolutely the best through 2 subdivisions. Scouring the internet, I believe it was Abigail Magistrati that has this favorite leo. 🙂

This post was modified 3 years ago 3 times by Happy7698

ReplyQuote
(@rhiannon-le-parmentier)
Kindergym

Are we glad we maintained the ‘integrity of the process’ (for US team selection), rather than worrying about a few tenths here and there?  

as Spencer points out, Russia’s qualifying score is close to the US 2019 Worlds winning team score.

ReplyQuote
(@amanda-stumpff)
Kindergym

So, after watching the subdivision one and two of WAG on the NBC Sports app, I will be doing that tomorrow afternoon when I get a few minutes and get all my kids down for a nap. The only problem is, their commentators totally make me want to fall asleep lol they just don’t seem very excited…and I am a little concerned we will not see every American on every apparatus, which I’m super interested in. So, I will probably watch NBC’s coverage also tomorrow night at 7:30 EST. So I will do both probably, because as annoying as the commentators can get for the USA, hearing the voices of Tim and Nastia have become soothing and relaxing to me over the years 😂 I’m just hoping for no spoilers 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

ReplyQuote
(@jessica-shealor)
Kindergym

Which events do you think they will use Grace during the team final over Suni or Jordan?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jessica-rotteveel)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

Oh my, 

So I have lots of questions.

First am I crazy or was judging in the third qualification harsher than the others I.E USA floor. Or was this equipment based, was trials on this type/make of floor?, Not that the team didn’t make errors but things seemed inconsistent.  

Second I need 2021 to stop playing because I know Tom isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed but Valentina is looking like a genius and that is insane. 

Third who coin flipped the individuals starting line up. I love Jade and thinks she did amazing but feel bad for skinner going first up on both Floor and Vault. 

Fourth is a question of training styles/ages of team members. USAs team is made up of 3 world championship veterans and a newbie (Jordan) all of whom are “grown ass women” to quote Jessica. Listinova (at least) is 16 and was not age eligible for the 2020 olympics before COVID and the rule change. Did having round lake (central training gym) and the ability to bring their newly eligible gymnasts have others (Tom) underestimating their abilities? Along this line if Valentina couldn’t take the newly turned 16s what would Russia’s team score had looked like? 

sorry for the many questions. But I am having feelings about this and ranting to my doggos who are currently asleep is not helping. 

thank you for all you do.

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kathryn-knutson)
Kindergym User

Was the judging/scoring on the USA women on floor harsh? I am not a gymnast, just a fan, so maybe there were execution errors I wasn't aware of, but it seemed especially harsh.

Along with that, do the same judges score the same event all day? So were the floor judges the same for all 5 subdivisions?

Thanks!

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@casandra-leff)
Spencer's Eye Roll

The United States has only competed in domestic competitions since everything shut down until now – did Nationals/Trials fill in that gap, or do you think appearing before international judges could have proven beneficial to the U.S. gymnasts? (Just for the record, I don't think that accounts for their performance today, but I'm curious to know what you think.)

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@happy7698)
Kindergym

MDJDJ FX is the most delightful thing I've seen in quite some time. 

Both her and Boyer music is to die for!

ReplyQuote
(@bella-gymfan)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

I love Grace and am so happy she made this team but...

What would “the highest scoring team” from Olympic trials have gotten today? Biles, Lee, Chiles and Skinner...

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2