15 Posts
12 Users
5 Likes
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin
Topic starter  

Event Finals - Day 1

To submit a question before the show you can do it here or e-mail GymCastic@gmail.com. Many times listeners wish to keep their identity private and e-mail is the best way to request that; also, listeners might want to surprise their fellow gym nerds with their stories/questions by having them be read for the first time on the show. This forum is merely another avenue to submit your question/comments... not the only one. To submit a question during the live show, click on the video title, which will take you to YouTube. While the recording is live YouTube has a sidebar with a field to submit questions.

You will be able to watch the show live: TK

(@lmghall)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

Holy buckets! Did you know that Gymnovosti has a pronunciation guide for tons of the international gymnasts names!?

http://eng.gymnovosti.com/pronunciation-database/

It's so helpful! I know we all question ourselves with Eythora's name and Melanie's last name and the Wevers, etc, and this guide helps you with all of them!

Thanks Luba!

ReplyQuote
(@bailey_formergymnast)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

Will Carey do the triple double layout in event finals?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jessica-rotteveel)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

Question about suni and college after the AA final. The coach at auburn is her coaches twin. Suni and Jess seem to have a really good coach/athlete relationship do you think that maybe this might be a part of her decision? And in that point do you think her coach can comment due to the conflict of interest regarding this? 

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dawn
(@dawn-td)
Kindergym

If you have time to discuss:

Simone has said that she tried to power through and compete in Team Finals since no alternates are allowed after qualifiers.

Do you think alternates should be allowed to sub in later to avoid athletes trying to compete through injuries/blocks? What would be the negatives of allowing this?

Thanks!

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@funkwhite2003)
Spencer's Eye Roll

@dawn-td I agree with the current format of 4 athletes to the team, alternates should be able to be used through completion of team finals. I am wondered what the reasoning is for the 24 hour cutoff? 

Hypothetical situation: Team A has one athlete injured during morning of warm ups, now they were down to three athletes. During first rotation one of those three are injured.  Now team is out with no chance to compete rest of competition? Under the current rules it would be very unfortunate to get that far and be out if it for some very untimely injuries. What is the harm in keeping it open for alternates to come in? Especially with such small team sizes.  

If I am recalling correctly in 1996, Romania had an issue with late injuries.  Alternates were injured prior to leaving from the games. And then had one just as games were starting to Bican. Therefore too late to fly anyone from Romania in. Leaving the team to 6 total gymnasts instead of all  others 7. With that format though they still had enough to compete and still drop their low score. It was a 7/6/5 format I think. 

2024 teams are back to 5, therefore maybe not as big an issue.  Would like to know the reasoning for the 24 hour cutoff though.  

ReplyQuote
(@michelle-bryant)
Kindergym

Jessica- do you have a favorite type of covid test?

All- who has been your favorite gymnast to watch through the olympics and why?

Spencer- what is your least favorite part of the olympics coverage so far?

All: place your bets now, how many days before Tom is sacked? Must have at least a 2 day difference and you can’t be over to win.

*long time freeloading listener, finally took the gym nerd leap and I’m NEVER LOOKING BACK! 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Michelle Bryant

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bella-gymfan)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

I just saw a report saying the Karolyi ranch has been sold... what information do you guys have on this.

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@felicia-girardi)
Kensley's Document Binder

Did Simone REALLY have to stop taking her ADHD meds bc they are illegal in Japan?  Personally, I do not see this as really happening.  Any confirmation of this actually being the case?   

ReplyQuote
(@april-eckhart)
Kindergym

@felicia-girardi I think it was confirmed that Simone did get a waiver for her meds and has been able to take them.

ReplyQuote
(@jessica-rotteveel)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

So, 

Simone owes no body anything at all. She is a queen and is amazing, but she has spoken before about wanting to write her own ending to her career. I do not remember the interview, other than the fact the interviewer was the worst! That being said should Simone's twisties not get better by the end of this meet do you see her making a third come back (not for 2024 but for a worlds or other competition) to end this story her way. 

Or is she more liable to run off into the sunset with her money and her puppies and tell USAG and the USOPC to stick it where the sun don't shine. 

🙂 

ReplyQuote
(@felicia-girardi)
Kensley's Document Binder

@april-eckhart i thought so too. Just so much fake news out there 

ReplyQuote
(@aubyn-keefe)
Kindergym

Hi!

After watching men’s FX: if the first tiebreaker is E score and the second tiebreaker is D score, do the judges essentially reward someone for a neutral deduction? Is that weird or am I crazy?

ReplyQuote
(@bella-gymfan)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

Coming from a dance background I can't stand the lack of toe point on men's pommel horse! What are the deductions for this? It should be a tenth per circle.

ReplyQuote
(@citycougar)
Kindergym

Watching NBC's primetime coverage of the Women's Vault final and not only did they not show Moreno's vault (bad), they didn't show the bronze medal winning vaults from Yeo (!!!!).

ReplyQuote