July 20, 2021 - OLYMPICS BTS - Submit Questions Here

23 Posts
16 Users
31 Likes
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin
Topic starter  

To submit a question before the show you can do it here or e-mail GymCastic@gmail.com. Many times listeners wish to keep their identity private and e-mail is the best way to request that; also, listeners might want to surprise their fellow gym nerds with their stories/questions by having them be read for the first time on the show. This forum is merely another avenue to submit your question/comments... not the only one. To submit a question during the live show, click on the video title, which will take you to YouTube. While the recording is live YouTube has a sidebar with a field to submit questions.

You will be able to watch the show live: TK

Update: We're going to answer these questions on the 21st.

(@bailey_formergymnast)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

Hi!
I’ve heard that athletes have to leave 48 hours after their last event or they are eliminated. Does that mean if anyone on the four person team doesn’t make event finals, do they have to leave right after team finals? They can’t stay to watch and cheer on their teammates at event finals?

Thanks!
Bailey (If you read this, can you say my name so I know that my question made it on?)

ReplyQuote
(@michelle-n)
Kindergym

Did you know about the positive covid test and who it was, or did you find out on twitter like the rest of us?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
Lexi
 Lexi
(@lexigymfan)
Kindergym User

Have there been any statements on why the rest of the team/alternates aren't considered close contacts when clearly they were practicing together after Kara testing positive? 

GymCastic and gym_mags reacted
ReplyQuote
(@shannons-scrunchie)
Kindergym User

Are Eaker and Wong *officially* out? When do the alternates get sent back to the US?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@katie-zufall)
Kindergym

How are training sessions working? Is each country given a select time frame each day and/or are there multiple training gyms?

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
Kathryn Foessel
(@kathryn-foessel)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

I want to hear all about the trip on the plane, and going through the airport!(pics??)

But also… omg this covid situation with the alternates is outta control!

If Simone ends up affected by any of this I’m going to freak out!

Why were they all together?

Why didn’t they isolate before they left!?!

So. Many. Questions!!!

ReplyQuote
(@maggie-lohr)
Kindergym User

I know there have been many posts about schedules and live streaming etc., but I’m having a hard time keeping up. Can you clarify whether the early morning times (6:45 am for team finals, for example) are the live stream time. And if so, where can we find the tape delayed schedule? Thanks!! 

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bella-gymfan)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

Will they fly out more alternates from the states? Surely there is enough time! 

(P.S Do Americans call the US 'the states', or is that just an Australian thing?  🤣 )

ReplyQuote
(@bella-gymfan)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

I'm still confused with three up three count.

Does this mean that only 3 gymnasts per team are allowed on the floor at finals and they each have to compete the all-around 

OR that all four gymnasts can compete in finals but only three per event.

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jane-doe)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

Jessica, how is hotel jail?  

In one of Alec Yoder's vlogs, the men were eating their meals sitting on chairs outside their hotel room doors.  Kinda defeats the "all facing the same direction with plastic dividers" meals.  Are the rooms that tiny?  Or were they just doing that to socialize?

The inevitable question:  With Kara and perhaps Leanne out of the picture, does USAG have any opportunity to sub in another alternate?  (i.e. bring over Shilese or someone to be a back-up?)  Or are they limited to those named as of July 5?

ETA:  Who had "first Olympic moment to go viral is Rhys jumping on his bed yelling "Fake news"" on their Olympic BINGO card?  Not I.  I *did* have "controversy about a positive COVID test", but that was basically a free space.  Now I'm doomed to waking up every morning and rushing to check if there's more fall-out for USA gymnasts...

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bella-gymfan)
Jessica's Wheezegiggle

What are the differences with Russia competing under the ROC and not being able to be referred to as Russia? Is it true that the Russian national anthem isn't allowed? Has this happened before?

ReplyQuote
(@plastpase1)
Kindergym

I haven't seen any travel updates, so I hope everything is OK! How was the first class plane ride? How did it go at the airport? 

This post was modified 3 years ago by plastpase1

ReplyQuote
(@anna-mcgann)
Kindergym User

How were leotards in the correct sizes ready to go right after the Olympic Team was announced? Do they get extra leotards made in different sizes? Or is there a quick round of alterations once the team was announced. 

Love your work! 

ReplyQuote
(@mary-alexa-hink)
Kindergym

@bailey_formergymnast thank you for your question! I had the same question! I was also wondering if during qualification either Jade or Mykayla get two per countried out of all the event finals, do they have to leave before the team final. 

Susi UK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paola-gamarra)
Spencer's Eye Roll User

What time is BTS today?

ReplyQuote
Lexi
 Lexi
(@lexigymfan)
Kindergym User

@paola-gamarra On the parent list of BTS episodes it looks like they crossed out today's, so I'm wondering if they aren't doing one? They included a hyperlink to the one for tomorrow for men's podium training. 

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bex)
Kensley's Document Binder

Know this will probably be all about Tokyo but just a quick comment about the OIG report. I saw that it was actually 4 FBI offices that were involved, not the 3 we always assumed (Indy, Detroit, LA.) Aly's lawyer reported to the Portland, ME office. He tried multiple times to go around Steve Penny and USAG and report it on her behalf because they were unhappy with how things were being addressed (namely not.) This is new information, correct?

Also answers the question why didn't you go directly to law enforcement rather then allowing USAG to handle it: THEY DID

relevant articles linked:

https://www.pressherald.com/2021/07/16/portland-fbi-field-office-played-small-role-in-usa-gymnastics-sex-abuse-probe/

https://www.wmtw.com/article/maine-lawyer-says-fbi-ignored-report-of-allegations-of-sexual-abuse-against-larry-nassar/37069949  

This post was modified 3 years ago by Piked Patterson

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thedoublelay)
Kensley's Document Binder

Who is there from the gymternet? I know lauren and Scott are there. But you've posted pics with other people?!

How is the mixed zone going to happen? Is it going to be virtual like USAG meets? 

How has it been interacting with the Japanese citizens? Do they seem resentful that the Olympics are happening despite the Delta variant surging?  Or is it just like fuck it if the Games are gonna happen we will make our money honey (hotels, food places, etc) 

GymCastic reacted
ReplyQuote
GymCastic
(@gymcastic)
Produnova's Eyebrow Admin
Topic starter  

@paola-gamarra We couldn't get everything set up in time so we are starting tomorrow (Wed) 8am PDT 

https://gymcastic.com/behind-the-scenes-tokyo-olympics-mag-podium-training/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2