This weeks episode is commissioned by Club Gym Nerd Member Anna, who requested an episode entitled “Perfect Form,” saying, “Please discuss all your favorite gymnasts with execution according to the O’Beirne Code.”
O’Beirne Code, you say?!?!?! Don’t mind if we do. Excuse us while we casually fix all of gymnastics in a single day. You’re welcome.
- The O’Beirne Code, defined: The intent behind the rules and integrity beyond the code
- Is execution a synonym for aesthetic beauty? Should it be?
- What is the perfect O’Beirne Code vault?
- What is the perfect O’Beirne Code bars?
- Alma Kuc
- Ma Yanhong
- Courtney McCool
- Brittany Rogers’ Stalders, with Vanessa Zamarripa’s handstands, and Alaina Johnson’s Ray
- DEBATE: What is the more aesthetically pleasing technique for a double layout?
- Dumb deductions in The Code .03 for walking under the bar after saluting.
- What is the perfect O’Beirne Code beam?
- What is the perfect O’Beirne Code floor?
- 2020 Olympic Qualification Explained
- Junior Pan Ams Day 1
- Junior Pan Ams Day 2
- Guimarães World Cup Day 1
- Guimarães World Cup Day 2
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 308: 2004 Olympic All-Around Final (Commissioned)
- 306: Gymnastics Fails (Commissioned)
- 304: The GymCastic Olympics (Commissioned)
- 281: Myths, Legends, and Unexpected Moments PART 2 (Commissioned)
- 279: A Diva Is Magical: The Svetlana Khorkina Episode (Commissioned)
- 278: 2000 Sydney All-Around Final (Commissioned)
- 262: 1996 Olympic Event Finals (Commissioned)
- 258: The Fluff Cast (Commissioned)
- 256: 1996 Olympic All-Around Final (Commissioned)
- 255: 1996 Olympic Team Final (Commissioned)
- 252: Myths, Legends and Unexpected Moments in Gymnastics History (Commissioned)
- 228: Leotards (Commissioned)
- 225: 1992 Olympics Recap with Wendy Bruce (Commissioned)
- 185: 2008 Olympic All-Around Finals (Commissioned)
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN