THE BIG STORIES
- Celine van Gerner and her CATS floor routine makeup are the talk of the town. We break it all down in detail, featuring a special interview with choreographer Daymon Jones on how the routine came about.
- Russia hit 12-for-12 in a major team final to take gold. WHAT.
- Belgium pulled out of the team final after qualifying in 3rd. WHAT.
THE TEAM FINAL
- France takes a historic silver medal, the country’s best-ever team result
- Netherlands wins team bronze, even without Eythora
- Great Britain’s beam woes continue
- UKRAINE is back and finished 5th
- Boglarka Devai wins vault gold, as well as Best Reactions In a Vault Final, Melnikova takes silver, and Golgota‘s bronze keeps a streak alive
- Nina Derwael wins bars, and Adlerteg is awesome again. Will Sweden notice?
- On beam, the queen stays queen. Also, Nina is a beamer now!
- On floor, Melanie takes gold, and Axelle‘s Harry Potter routine is a crowd favorite.
- Was this one of the better choreographic finals in recent years?
- It’s only five months until the victorious Italian juniors become seniors
- Amelie Morgan is a thing
- Spencer expresses his love for Sir Punford Punnington-Punsworth III, Duke of Punsbury
- We need to discuss the beam overtime sound, you guys
- The 2008 US women’s Olympic team will have a reunion after all, but will the men?
- Is the USAG Hall of Fame…still a thing?
- The women’s field for US Nationals has been announced. We explain why Deanne Soza is included, seemingly without qualifying, and why Marz is repping UCLA.
- Plus, your feedback on the judging shortage, JUSTICE FOR MORGAN, being less creepy, and OFFENSIVE BEACH SEXINESS.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- European Championships Event Finals
- European Championships Team Final
- European Championships Qualification
- August National Team Rankings
- US Classic in Review – Life in a Day
- 315: The Simone Is Back Classic
- 314: US Classic Preview with Mary Wise
- Spencer BlogCast: American Classic
- 313: Best Floor Routines EVAH! (Commissioned)
- 312: 4th Is the New 1st (Commissioned)
- 311.5: Tom Forster Is the New Martha
- 310: Suspension and Sabotage
- 309: Perfect Form – The O’Beirne Code
- 308: 2004 Olympic All-Around Final (Commissioned)
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN