A mini bonus episode this week in which we discuss the latest urgent, somewhat crazy USAG developments that can’t wait another moment!
- Thoughts on the Kerry Perry WE HAVE GREAT INSURANCE keynote from last week’s episode (HOLLA Iowa Gym Nest!) and the part that…doesn’t really add up?
- Tom Forster is the new High-Performance Team Coordinator for the US women
- Who is Tom Forster?
- Initial reactions to the announcement (like “phew” and “hrmm”)
- The positive tone he’s attempting to strike
- What the elite coaches think about the move
- How does someone who has been involved with USAG for decades convince the public that he can make change?
- The changes we would like to see made to the camp system (they are many and extensive)
- Why aren’t the 2008 Olympic teams getting the traditional 10-year reunion at nationals?
- The “Cowboy Hat Indictments” coming out of Texas
- Nassar and van Horn are indicted
- We revisit Debbie van Horn’s role
- Martha seems totally off the hook. Why?
SUPPORT THE SHOW
- 310: Suspension and Sabotage
- 309: Perfect Form The O’Beirne Code (Commissioned)
- 308: 2004 Olympic All-Around Final (Commissioned)
- 307: SHAME Congressional Hearings Edition
- 306: Gymnastics Fails (Commissioned)
- 305: Kerry Perry Lights Dumpster Fire
- 301: Peng Gets a 20, Martha Gets a Zero
- 298: Geddert and Karolyis Rage-O-Meter Special
- 296: Komova in Stuttgart, NCAA Crack, and the Ranch Incident
- 293: EXCLUSIVE Inside Elite Verification with Rhonda Faehn
- 287: Simone and Maggie Too
- 282: GymCastic Book Club Fierce, by Aly Raisman
- 281.5: Aly Raisman Comes Forward As Nassar Victim
- 277.5: McKayla Maroney Alleges Abuse from Nassar
- 187: McKayla Maroney
MORE WAYS TO LISTEN